Skip directly to content

My Play Direct Issues

• My Play Direct Issues
    November 18, 2013 - 9:15pm

So I pre-ordered the deluxe bluray bundle on October 3rd. On November 1, the order was canceled due to payment being declined (which was ridiculous, but whatever). The communication from My Play Direct said the order was being canceled and I'd have to re-order. Fine. Confusing and incorrect, but whatever.

However, later that day, my wife said that the full amount from My Play Direct had posted to my account. I immediately emailed My Play Direct support asking for an explanation and for a credit to my account as I'd already placed a new order with Amazon. I received an automated "we'll contact you in 24 hours" response. Never got a response.

I sent a similar email (no number to call) on November 5th and another on November 9th (albeit to a different department to see if I could get a response. I got a response on November 12th stating that they couldn't help me with my payment being declined and that my order had been canceled. They didn't address the fact that I'd been charged the full amount nor my request for an explanation and request for a refund. I never got a response.

So... I've taken steps to dispute the charge and I've also reported My Play Direct to the Better Business Bureau. However, I've told all of you this very boring, yet frustrating story to ask: did ANYONE else have a terrible experience with My Play Direct or am I the only one?

Thanks!

Splinter76's picture
on November 18, 2013 - 9:15pm

So I pre-ordered the deluxe bluray bundle on October 3rd. On November 1, the order was canceled due to payment being declined (which was ridiculous, but whatever). The communication from My Play Direct said the order was being canceled and I'd have to re-order. Fine. Confusing and incorrect, but whatever.

However, later that day, my wife said that the full amount from My Play Direct had posted to my account. I immediately emailed My Play Direct support asking for an explanation and for a credit to my account as I'd already placed a new order with Amazon. I received an automated "we'll contact you in 24 hours" response. Never got a response.

I sent a similar email (no number to call) on November 5th and another on November 9th (albeit to a different department to see if I could get a response. I got a response on November 12th stating that they couldn't help me with my payment being declined and that my order had been canceled. They didn't address the fact that I'd been charged the full amount nor my request for an explanation and request for a refund. I never got a response.

So... I've taken steps to dispute the charge and I've also reported My Play Direct to the Better Business Bureau. However, I've told all of you this very boring, yet frustrating story to ask: did ANYONE else have a terrible experience with My Play Direct or am I the only one?

Thanks!

Forum category: