Skip directly to content

My true story on DT

• My true story on DT
    March 8, 2012 - 2:17am

Jakarta-Indonesia,March 2012
    Dear DT,
    I would like to share my story.
    Desember 1992….that’s when it all started.My mom had a cough.She took medicine,went to a GP etc…but the cough persisted. Until she had chest X-ray…and she was diagnosed with lung cancer!.It’s not primary one,she was not a smoker.It was supposedly a metastases from the endometrial cancer she had in 1990.Her womb had been removed back then and she had radiotherapy for 25 times.She had been healthy then.She went to Makkah,took me to Europe for holidays,we thought she ‘d gonna live forever.
    After the lung cancer diagnosis…She didn’t want medical therapy,Chemotherapy that is. Probably cuz she knew its side effects and that it won’t cure her anyway…So she just had alternative supportive therapy.
    Since January 1993,She got worsen month by month,day by day,until about a week before she died,she was so weak and couldn’t eat…She asked us to be taken care in a hospital just to give her food from intravenous line and nasogastric tube..She told us not to worry,she just need nutrition she said.
    I was in my college year in medical school..I drove my own car everyday,from home to campus,then home to her hospital back and forth and took turns sleep in the hospital with her. And during my time driving all by myself,sometimes crying knowing that she was going away,I always listened to DT’s Another Day…Repeated again and again.
    The song comforted me….Helped me to accept the worst thing that would happen: Loosing my mom anytime soon.
    And the day came,August 23rd 1993,around 11 a.m.,my mom had her last breath before my eyes...I call her name again and again and try to wake her up..but she didn’t respond.And of course DNR (Do not resuscitate) was what they did in malignancy case.I thank God that I was with her..
    Up till now..”Another Day” always reminded me of my mom..and I never get borred of the song..
    I hope DT will play it for me in the concert in Jakarta April 21,2012.
    (Would meet n greet be possible for me,please…?)

Bonti Djunarjanto, a 39 y.o mom of 2.
    bontimd@yahoo.com

Bonti Djunarjanto's picture
on March 8, 2012 - 2:17am

Jakarta-Indonesia,March 2012
Dear DT,
I would like to share my story.
Desember 1992….that’s when it all started.My mom had a cough.She took medicine,went to a GP etc…but the cough persisted. Until she had chest X-ray…and she was diagnosed with lung cancer!.It’s not primary one,she was not a smoker.It was supposedly a metastases from the endometrial cancer she had in 1990.Her womb had been removed back then and she had radiotherapy for 25 times.She had been healthy then.She went to Makkah,took me to Europe for holidays,we thought she ‘d gonna live forever.
After the lung cancer diagnosis…She didn’t want medical therapy,Chemotherapy that is. Probably cuz she knew its side effects and that it won’t cure her anyway…So she just had alternative supportive therapy.
Since January 1993,She got worsen month by month,day by day,until about a week before she died,she was so weak and couldn’t eat…She asked us to be taken care in a hospital just to give her food from intravenous line and nasogastric tube..She told us not to worry,she just need nutrition she said.
I was in my college year in medical school..I drove my own car everyday,from home to campus,then home to her hospital back and forth and took turns sleep in the hospital with her. And during my time driving all by myself,sometimes crying knowing that she was going away,I always listened to DT’s Another Day…Repeated again and again.
The song comforted me….Helped me to accept the worst thing that would happen: Loosing my mom anytime soon.
And the day came,August 23rd 1993,around 11 a.m.,my mom had her last breath before my eyes...I call her name again and again and try to wake her up..but she didn’t respond.And of course DNR (Do not resuscitate) was what they did in malignancy case.I thank God that I was with her..
Up till now..”Another Day” always reminded me of my mom..and I never get borred of the song..
I hope DT will play it for me in the concert in Jakarta April 21,2012.
(Would meet n greet be possible for me,please…?)

Bonti Djunarjanto, a 39 y.o mom of 2.
bontimd@yahoo.com

Forum category: