Skip directly to content

NEW ALBUM !!!

• NEW ALBUM !!!
    April 26, 2012 - 7:57am

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!! new album in the making with major input from Mr Mangini. Hopefully an awesome outcome.

\,,/Drummerboy\,,/'s picture
on April 26, 2012 - 7:57am

WOOHOOOOOOOOOO!! new album in the making with major input from Mr Mangini. Hopefully an awesome outcome.

Forum category: 
George Elliot's picture

I did hear about that in their tweets. My favorite instrumental so far has been "Stream of Consciousness". Although I really liked "Raw Dog", I am really excited to see if they can out do SofC. And Myung is a great lyricist. I loved what he did on "Breaking all Illusions".

octavarium41889's picture

Don't know if anybody heard about this. But an Instrumental and JM lyrics confirmed for the next album!!!!!

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9oZ46dJpbk]JM speaks![/url]

Flonees's picture

They need to have Jim Morris open for Dream Theater! A spectacular amount of notes that would be. I would travel days to witness that!
What do you think? I am sure I am right!
www.jimmorrismusic.com

octavarium41889's picture

been a fan of DT since 2005 and any time they hit the studio I get so excited. Can't wait to hear what mangini can bring to the table here!

Bluefish's picture

[quote=Invincible Psychotron][b]Hi,

No one seems to be excited about the upcoming Blu-ray / DVD since no one is even talking about it. The new album shall be released around September - October but before that it's time to savor 'Live At Luna Park' in High Definition what say? I'm eager to witness Mike Mangini's animosity on that mean looking Pearl Drum Set. Besides wanting to own the Deluxe Box Set which shall house 3 CD's / 2 DVD's and a Blu-ray...I'm totally stoked to say the least!

[i]DREAM THEATER ALL THE WAY[/i]!!! \m/ \m/[/b][/quote]

I'm excited about the new Blu-Ray/DVD/CD. I can't wait.

Bluefish's picture

I love A Dramatic Turn of Events, but I thought that the drums were too low in the mix. Does anyone agree?

Invincible Psychotron's picture

[b]Hi,

No one seems to be excited about the upcoming Blu-ray / DVD since no one is even talking about it. The new album shall be released around September - October but before that it's time to savor 'Live At Luna Park' in High Definition what say? I'm eager to witness Mike Mangini's animosity on that mean looking Pearl Drum Set. Besides wanting to own the Deluxe Box Set which shall house 3 CD's / 2 DVD's and a Blu-ray...I'm totally stoked to say the least!

[i]DREAM THEATER ALL THE WAY[/i]!!! \m/ \m/[/b]

Muftah Albasier's picture

I hope to here such a grate solo as the one in breaking all illusion it was so fucking incredible its one of the greatest solos ever especially the second part its emotional and full of feelings. I love it so much

fb_norman_ottley's picture

I would love it to be a double album so there are no time constraints on their creativity, how do other fans feel about that.
or maybe a triple like Yes's tales of topographic Oceans.

Jorge Armando's picture

And after the new cd comes a new world tour...

Muftah Albasier's picture

I can't Waite to see the greatness of JP in the new album :) :) :) :)

6'00's picture

Please I want it to be a conceptual album, please a [i]conceptual album[/i].

fb_norman_ottley's picture

Simply cannot wait !!!!!!

Callahan's picture

Especially special!

Mag-DT's picture

I think this next album, we will be able to see the true mix of sound with Mike in the band
I look cravings to hear the new material :D :D :D !!

skildude's picture

I'm betting we'll see something new less than 6 months after this tour finishes. That gives them a much needed break and a chance to put together an awesome album

yeah im pretty sure it will be first half of next year? i just cant wait for mangini's technical side to come out. he is actually crazily co-ordinated

ConstantDEVotion's picture

[quote=comment] :D :D :D :D :D

[[u]b]Prediction:[/u] This album is going to be their magnum opus! [/b] [/quote]

Magnum Opus? It will be hard to beat Scenes or Dramatic Turn , but I'm all for an attempt. :) :)

guitarist101's picture

wait, so it will come out next year, right? usually DT releases their albums every 2 years. But still, I cant wait we will finally be able to see what DT sounds like with mike mangini's input.

FingerWiz's picture

@cviens: Wait, didn't he meant a solo album? :S
Now I'm really confused.

Btw, I won't be fully pleased if DT will record a new album so soon.

I really think that ADTOE was great, but they do need to rest for a while.

It'd be perfect if a new album will come out in 2013-2014 or something like that. Definetly not on 2012.

Tapring's picture

Can't wait. Can't wait can't wait can't wait.

AuzYFAN-jp12's picture

ill bet this'll be something special :) :) :) :)

cviens's picture

@theaterofdreams: All I have seen is that Petrucci made a Facebook post about them writing.

theaterofdreams's picture

Wait...did I miss something? When is a new Dream Theater album coming out? Please tell me it is in 2012? Is there confirmation on this from Dream Theater?

George Elliot's picture

Although I too am excited for a new album, I had a thought that might be a real treat for us fans. I would love it if DT rerecorded Falling into Infinity using the songs as they were written and recorded on the demos version. I just recently listened to the whole thing and oh what a beautiful album it would have been! I like the album the way it turned out, but I think it would be great for them to release a polished version of the album the way it was artistically intended. I am not sure if this has been discussed before (I am new to these forums). What do you think?

Psygnosis99's picture

Yeah I've loved everything DT has ever put out, one reason I think theyre the best band in history is they can write so many styles of music. I dont really have a favorite sound from them. God its gonna be incredible with Mangini on board too!

JeffAsIAm's picture

That's the wack about it all. DT doesn't set out to out do their last project. They just write and the growth shows in the sound and direction. I don't want any band to play the same shit over and over. Progression is the bomb! And when you start out F**cking Awesome, every place north of there is a aural treat that will make your hippocampus glad to be full of attentive students. I can't wait to hear MM's full imput on the music from the start.

RonnyKelly's picture

Gonna be class folks!!

yeah i really like the technical side of DT a lot more but im sure with Mangini writing drums (fucking crazy co-ordination) im sure this album will be a good mix!!! Hopefully like B.C.A.S.L

JanneDaArc's picture

*Just crapped pants*

I cannot wait. Admittedly, i prefer DT's really hard stuff and was so pleased with tracks 5 and 8 in this last album. I'd love to see something of the Awake/Train of Thought/When Dreams and Day Unite albums. But considering no album is anything less than incredible...i'm not concerned in the least.

Pages