Skip directly to content

New Album

• New Album
    July 1, 2013 - 9:34am

Can't wait for the new album!!! September can't get here soon enough! Have you guys come up with any prototypes or concepts for the album cover yet?

P.S. Love ya DT always will!

JeremyD's picture
on July 1, 2013 - 9:34am

Can't wait for the new album!!! September can't get here soon enough! Have you guys come up with any prototypes or concepts for the album cover yet?

P.S. Love ya DT always will!

Forum category: 
ThatOneGuy2112's picture

@Jorge Armando: It was merely a guess I was making that seems to have hit the nail on the head lol

As for what I think of it, it gives me this huge "Dark Side of the Moon" vibe to it. I've seen tons and tons of comments on Facebook expressing disapproval of it, so basically a lot of people have their panties in a twist about it. It took some time for it to grow on me, but now I'm getting used to the idea of this album cover. Sure it's simplistic, but with this one, I get the feeling that they wanted the album and its songs to speak for itself. It's the kind of album cover that can hide a lot behind it, which just makes me ever more curious about what it'll be like. It's mysterious, vague, simple, and I dig it.

Jorge Armando's picture

@ThatOneGuy2112: There man. You won. Simplistic but nice, with a huge Majesty symbol on the front!!!

Jorge Armando's picture

@ThatOneGuy2112: What about nothing but a picture of the band? Talk about simplistic. Kinda dig the idea, though.

ThatOneGuy2112's picture

For some reason, I imagine that the cover is going to be rather simplistic (imagine, say, the new Queensrÿche album cover, but instead it's Dream Theater and with the Majesty symbol at the center). Not that this is what I would prefer, but I can't shake that theory off considering this is a self titled release. But hey, there's always the possibility that it'll be on the more surreal artsy side of things that they're known for.

Jorge Armando's picture

I bet they have the cover already. Hey, what about waiting until November for the Luna DVD? That's still 4 months away!!!