Skip directly to content

New CD: A Dramatic Turn Of Events

• New CD: A Dramatic Turn Of Events
    October 2, 2011 - 3:41pm

To say that I was blown away by this CD is an epic understatement. Even my new bride, introduced to Dream Theater by me, was touched by the music and lyrics, saying that she saw herself in the music and words…experiencing some of the hardest moments of her life…how she could not express what she felt…even to those closest to her…but how she made it through to experience significant personal victory.
    This CD is simply an amazing work of art…touching all of the senses at one time…reaching deep into the soul…painting a picture so vivid and intricate…it is visible through closed eyes.
    As surprised as I was to see a new face in the band…and wondering what happened to change what had been so amazing for so long…the addition of drummer Mike Mangini is a breath of fresh air, fitting in so completely…adding his prowess, love of music and feeling to what exists in the other members.
    This new magical connection is so awe-inspiring…it is clearly evident in the exquisite layering, synchronization and intricacy that is heard, seen and felt all throughout the CD. After watching the audition DVD, I knew before the end of it that Mike Mangini was the perfect choice for Dream Theater to carry on the vision and purpose they created and have remained true to for over 25 years.
    The musical masterpiece that A Dramatic Turn Of Events is, I am more into Dream Theater than previously…and I’ll finally complete the task of owning their entire collection. I am thankful that DT has remained steadfast and true to themselves and the dream, vision and purpose they launched so many years ago. This CD, clearly a statement of this period in their lives… is a testament to the band and the individual members…how they continue on with that shared vision.
    I am also thankful for the dedication to the pure musical artistry that Dream Theater is and represents…especially in a time with music flooding the airwaves that is simplistic, containing narrow-minded lyrics, lacking imagination, originality and evidence of real talent, and an ever-increasing trend toward creating cover interpretations of songs created by other artists that fall well short of the mark the originator established.
    I am anticipating Dream Theater coming to Stuttgart, Germany in February 2012. My bride and I just got our tickets...See you guys in Stuttgart!!!

Spanks's picture
on October 2, 2011 - 3:41pm

To say that I was blown away by this CD is an epic understatement. Even my new bride, introduced to Dream Theater by me, was touched by the music and lyrics, saying that she saw herself in the music and words…experiencing some of the hardest moments of her life…how she could not express what she felt…even to those closest to her…but how she made it through to experience significant personal victory.
This CD is simply an amazing work of art…touching all of the senses at one time…reaching deep into the soul…painting a picture so vivid and intricate…it is visible through closed eyes.
As surprised as I was to see a new face in the band…and wondering what happened to change what had been so amazing for so long…the addition of drummer Mike Mangini is a breath of fresh air, fitting in so completely…adding his prowess, love of music and feeling to what exists in the other members.
This new magical connection is so awe-inspiring…it is clearly evident in the exquisite layering, synchronization and intricacy that is heard, seen and felt all throughout the CD. After watching the audition DVD, I knew before the end of it that Mike Mangini was the perfect choice for Dream Theater to carry on the vision and purpose they created and have remained true to for over 25 years.
The musical masterpiece that A Dramatic Turn Of Events is, I am more into Dream Theater than previously…and I’ll finally complete the task of owning their entire collection. I am thankful that DT has remained steadfast and true to themselves and the dream, vision and purpose they launched so many years ago. This CD, clearly a statement of this period in their lives… is a testament to the band and the individual members…how they continue on with that shared vision.
I am also thankful for the dedication to the pure musical artistry that Dream Theater is and represents…especially in a time with music flooding the airwaves that is simplistic, containing narrow-minded lyrics, lacking imagination, originality and evidence of real talent, and an ever-increasing trend toward creating cover interpretations of songs created by other artists that fall well short of the mark the originator established.
I am anticipating Dream Theater coming to Stuttgart, Germany in February 2012. My bride and I just got our tickets...See you guys in Stuttgart!!!

Forum category: 
northy's picture

After all the albums that have gone before ADTOE, i really do believe this is the bands best work. To me, every album has been an epic, but this one just blows me away. I just can't stop playing it.

The Shaman's picture

Hey,

I have to say that I absolutely agree that this album is an utter masterpiece. Well put, couldn't have said it better myself. A complex and challenging yet inspired and emotional album.

I'm very glad that so many people enjoy this album just as much as I do. It's beyond incredible that this band still manages to truly amaze after all those years.

By the way, I'm from Germany, too (Saarland) and I'm going to attend the Stuttgart concert as well! Can't. Freakin'. Wait!!!