Skip directly to content

New to Dream Theater

• New to Dream Theater
    October 19, 2011 - 9:35am

Actually A Dramatic Turn of events is my first full album to hear from the band, I bought the deluxe edition including the DVD for how the band chosen their new drummer which really showed the guys are fully matured world class musicians, I am in love with dream theater now. I then bought the two albums I found (systematic chaos and Black clouds&silver linings)and I will look for the remaining CDs .
    Thank you Dream Theater, being a fan of John Petrucci I can now tell that the man got his wonderful skills for sure because he plays with a world class band like Dream Theater.. thank you too for Mike Mangini, you are wonderful .. Jordan Rudess is a legend..
    Please accept me as a new but old fan ..
    Mahmoud Akoush - 33 years old - from Alexandria ,Egypt

makoush's picture
on October 19, 2011 - 9:35am

Actually A Dramatic Turn of events is my first full album to hear from the band, I bought the deluxe edition including the DVD for how the band chosen their new drummer which really showed the guys are fully matured world class musicians, I am in love with dream theater now. I then bought the two albums I found (systematic chaos and Black clouds&silver linings)and I will look for the remaining CDs .
Thank you Dream Theater, being a fan of John Petrucci I can now tell that the man got his wonderful skills for sure because he plays with a world class band like Dream Theater.. thank you too for Mike Mangini, you are wonderful .. Jordan Rudess is a legend..
Please accept me as a new but old fan ..
Mahmoud Akoush - 33 years old - from Alexandria ,Egypt

Forum category: 
makoush's picture

Thanks for the advise .. I will..

makoush's picture

@Psygnosis99: Thanks, I will search for them...

Obryn's picture

Welcome to the Dream! It is so cool that A Dramatic Turn of Events was your first full DT album to hear! I'm glad they are still winning over new fans with their music. A review from "Pop Matters," I think, said that this album was more of the same that didn't feel new enough to win over any new fans. But the critics have been proven wrong by this band once again, it seems.

And yes, GO BUY "SCENES FROM A MEMORY"! You will cherish that album throughout this life and the next, I promise!

Psygnosis99's picture

Ugh and i forgot about Octavarium, another post Scenes 'must have' for any fan. It is the most similar album there is to ADTOE in the balance of musical ideas and chances it takes

Psygnosis99's picture

Welcome to the family! This band has a rich history worth researching. Mike Portnoy was one of the founders and deserves much credit for where the band is today. However, it was the two John's, Myung and Petrucci, who are the childhood buddies who would practice together for days on end.
If I were you, i would buy Scenes from a Memory next, and then Six Degrees of inner turbulence. Their work before that was good but not the best, they were young and feisty and had no power over dominating labels. Even the acclaimed Images and Words doesnt hold a candle to Scenes or anything after