Skip directly to content

The NEW SHOW...

• The NEW SHOW...
    September 26, 2011 - 10:01pm

Hold on to your hats peeps...this is DREAM THEATER like you may never have seen them before. I saw the opening show Sat. night in San Francisco and am still reeling...I just checked the tour schedule to see if I could see them in another town! OMG!!!! The thrill of it all...these guys came out rockin' and just kicked ass all over the place from beginning to end...everybody who has a ticket is in for a huge treat...Of course, I had to see Mike Mangini and I have to say, who WAS Mike Portnoy anyway??? OK - well to be fair, I shouldn't really say that, but its just that the band seems much more of a singular unit now than ever...on both the new CD and on tour...they seem solidified, cohesive, and singular in a way that I don't remember before - I guess I'm trying to say, they have really come into their own, more as DREAM THEATER, and less as Mike Portnoy and the Guys...I don't know what else to say except, I wish I could follow 'em around all over the U.S.! I just can't get them, the new CD, or the show off my mind and its been 48 hours already...I LOVE THIS BAND!!! They don't just rock, they will kick your ass all over the place!!!

gerkgjd's picture
on September 26, 2011 - 10:01pm

Hold on to your hats peeps...this is DREAM THEATER like you may never have seen them before. I saw the opening show Sat. night in San Francisco and am still reeling...I just checked the tour schedule to see if I could see them in another town! OMG!!!! The thrill of it all...these guys came out rockin' and just kicked ass all over the place from beginning to end...everybody who has a ticket is in for a huge treat...Of course, I had to see Mike Mangini and I have to say, who WAS Mike Portnoy anyway??? OK - well to be fair, I shouldn't really say that, but its just that the band seems much more of a singular unit now than ever...on both the new CD and on tour...they seem solidified, cohesive, and singular in a way that I don't remember before - I guess I'm trying to say, they have really come into their own, more as DREAM THEATER, and less as Mike Portnoy and the Guys...I don't know what else to say except, I wish I could follow 'em around all over the U.S.! I just can't get them, the new CD, or the show off my mind and its been 48 hours already...I LOVE THIS BAND!!! They don't just rock, they will kick your ass all over the place!!!

Forum category: 
JamesEwt's picture

So, I should cancel my plan to trade my Boston ticket for my neighbors old Playboy collection?

:D