Skip directly to content

September 21, 2011 - 3:37am

Hey, fellow DT fans. I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself, since I am a newbie.

My name is Chad, and, it is pretty obvious that I am a huge fan of Dream Theater. Even though I am new to the boards, I've been a huge fan of DT's since July of last year. I listen to many bands and solo acts out there, but Dream Theater will always be my all-time favorite.

The other bands / solo acts I also enjoy listening to are...

Porcupine Tree, Spock's Beard, The Flower Kings, Queensryche, Fates Warning, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Heart, Aerosmith, Planet X, King's X, Symphony X, Tempest, Liquid Tension Experiment, Transatlantic, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Pat Benatar, Lenny Kravitz, The Runaways, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, Lita Ford, The Beatles, David Bowie, Poison, Def Leppard, Alice Cooper, Blondie, and many others, too many to list here. LOL!!!

I'm also a hardcore fan of horror films. I do enjoy a good comedy or action-adventure film, but the Horror genre has always stuck with me since I was about 2 or 3 years old (despite being scared of certain horror films, i.e. "The Gate" or "Pet Sematary", LOL!!!)

I hope to get to meet all of you soon and become fast friends with everyone.

DTLaBriePetrucci85's picture
on September 21, 2011 - 3:37am

Hey, fellow DT fans. I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself, since I am a newbie.

My name is Chad, and, it is pretty obvious that I am a huge fan of Dream Theater. Even though I am new to the boards, I've been a huge fan of DT's since July of last year. I listen to many bands and solo acts out there, but Dream Theater will always be my all-time favorite.

The other bands / solo acts I also enjoy listening to are...

Porcupine Tree, Spock's Beard, The Flower Kings, Queensryche, Fates Warning, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Heart, Aerosmith, Planet X, King's X, Symphony X, Tempest, Liquid Tension Experiment, Transatlantic, Fleetwood Mac, Stevie Nicks, Pat Benatar, Lenny Kravitz, The Runaways, Joan Jett & The Blackhearts, Lita Ford, The Beatles, David Bowie, Poison, Def Leppard, Alice Cooper, Blondie, and many others, too many to list here. LOL!!!

I'm also a hardcore fan of horror films. I do enjoy a good comedy or action-adventure film, but the Horror genre has always stuck with me since I was about 2 or 3 years old (despite being scared of certain horror films, i.e. "The Gate" or "Pet Sematary", LOL!!!)

I hope to get to meet all of you soon and become fast friends with everyone.

Forum category: 
RC Towers's picture

@Vegvisir:

You're right, those epic songs of Rush are awesome. They are just like Dream Theater in that all their albums are great in their own unique way. 2112 is absolutely the most epic song there is 22+ minutes long. Hemispheres is perfect. Fountain of Lamneth (Many journeys end here, but the secret's still the same... Life is just a candle and the dream... Must give it Flame). Great point Vegvisir. May Oneness Bless Us All, As One.

Vegvisir's picture

@RC Towers:

Good call if he (somehow) isn't already a Rush fan. I'd say Natural Science is my favorite of theirs too. You forgot to mention some of the epics.. 2112, Fountain of Lamneth, Hemispheres..

Amazing.

Keep Rockin.

RC Towers's picture

Welcome to DT family, as I have been a fan since '92-'93. And it is quite a list of other musicians that you love, for I, too, love a lot of the bands, groups, solo acts, you listed. But Im wondering if you ever heard of Rush. I am a huge Rush fan, and Rush lead me to Dream Theater so Im sure once you listen to Rush, you will enjoy them as I do. Like DT, they are progressive rock, who started in '74. Listening to Rush since '87, I can pick and choose what kind of sound I want to hear, for their earlier music ('74-'80) are more heavy, Zeppelin like music, from '81-'90, they were more melodic with more synthesizers, from '93-Present, it is a mix of heavy, melodic, jazzy, and other great sounding tunes. And they are just 3 members, Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, and Neil Peart and they too have performed lengthy beautiful songs. I will list a couple of songs that I feel may show the progression of Rush.

Slower/Melodic Songs - Losing It, Mission, Mystic Rhythms
Moderate - Marathon, Manhattan Project
Progressive - Camera Eye, The Weapon, Natural Science(my favorite song), and The Trees.
Heavy - Bastille Day, Cygnus X-1, By-tor and the SnowDog

just to name a few. Check them out if you like. For Rush was a big inspiration for all members of DT at one time or another.

The Forsaken's picture

I'm pretty spanking new myself, baring one post.
I've been into them last couple of years, was introduced to them by my guitar teacher. I'm currently learning my blues petotonic scales in the key of A and E and slowly but surely i'm getting there.
Back to Dream Theater though, i've got all their albums and in ADTOE, i think they've just released one of their strongest albums yet and i've already got my ticket for Wembley Arena in Feburary when they eventually arrive in England.
I think the next one's going to be even stronger, with Mangini firmly on board for the whole process, writing his on drum lines and fills etc.

Other bands i'm into are the Ozric Tentacles (space rock), Knight Area, Colour Haze, Astra, Muse, Blood Ceremony, Graveyard and Sigur Ros.
Of the legendary kind, its Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Yes and Tangerine Dream.

Books wise, its George R R Martin's A Song Of Ice series And Fire and J R R Tolkiens Lord Of The Rings, all the way.

Hi guy's, thats me...

Jedizen07's picture

Welcome. I am too a new person here but I have been a DT fan for a while. Lots of great stuff on this site. Hope to see ya at one of the shows.

DTLaBriePetrucci85's picture

[quote=AngelBackDTF]Welcome !!

Quite a sweet list of favs there, agree with most of them ![/quote]

Thanks, AngelBack. It is a pretty lengthy list, isn't it? LOL!!! Been a music lover since ... I can remember.

AngelBackDTF's picture

Welcome !!

Quite a sweet list of favs there, agree with most of them !