Skip directly to content

Oceansize

• Oceansize
    September 15, 2011 - 6:36pm

the best band that has ever set foot on the earth

don't believe me? listen to them. NOW.

I was lucky enough to know them before they disintegrated, but like the epic band they were.. they decided to break after their 4th album (which was kind of a let down after the masterpiece FRAMES) and I guess they called it quits because they didn't want to become a sold out/blood sucking/money oriented band with no good new material

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC1Ts8LHnKU

eternal dreamer's picture
on September 15, 2011 - 6:36pm

the best band that has ever set foot on the earth

don't believe me? listen to them. NOW.

I was lucky enough to know them before they disintegrated, but like the epic band they were.. they decided to break after their 4th album (which was kind of a let down after the masterpiece FRAMES) and I guess they called it quits because they didn't want to become a sold out/blood sucking/money oriented band with no good new material

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC1Ts8LHnKU

Forum category: 
ZeppelinDT's picture

[quote=Lightweight]I loved the CD with "Commemorative T-shirt" on[/quote]

So lame that they (had to?) change the name of that song. The full original title is Commemorative 9/11 T-shirt.

But anyway... been listening to these guys for a while... since right around "Everyone Into Position" I think. Always wanted to see them live, but never got the change to :'(. I do have "Feed to Feed", so I guess I'll just have to settle for that.

And, for the record, "Frames" is pretty much one of the most perfect albums ever created.

See, for example, this video: [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBpZiRCFuHQ]Savant (from Frames Live)[/url]. If you don't love this, it probably means you have no soul.

eternal dreamer's picture

[quote=SilentFury007]I have almost checked these guys out several times, but just haven't actually done it. I'm at work so I can't watch the vid. The name sounds very atmospheric/proggy. is that kinda what they are? Or more of a prog metal kinda thing?[/quote]

you should, I had them on my ipod a long time before checking them out, so when I decided to give them a try I absolutely fell in love with them.. and like all good music, it takes a bit to really comprehend the entirety of the songs

and yes, it's atmospheric/progressive rock, awesome to trip alone or background music in parties and shit and also to play along

[quote=Lightweight]I loved the CD with "Commemorative T-shirt" on, forgot its name tho. It disappeared from Spotify about 1 month ago, and I'm positively furious about it.[/quote]

yeah that would be Frames, my second favourite album of all time.. and has my favourite song of all time, Trail of Fire

I got that album at a FYE store in Miami, and have seen it several times at other FYEs..

also check out Efflorescence, Everyone Into Position, Selfpreserved While the Bodies Float Up, Home & Minor, Music for Nurses, and... I think that's it

Lightweight's picture

I loved the CD with "Commemorative T-shirt" on, forgot its name tho. It disappeared from Spotify about 1 month ago, and I'm positively furious about it.

SilentFury007's picture

I have almost checked these guys out several times, but just haven't actually done it. I'm at work so I can't watch the vid. The name sounds very atmospheric/proggy. is that kinda what they are? Or more of a prog metal kinda thing?