Skip directly to content

An official thank you to Dream Theater \m/

• An official thank you to Dream Theater \m/
    December 31, 2011 - 9:02am

As 2011 draws to a close, I thought I would offer an official thank you to the guys in Dream Theater for making such an incredible album! While praise is probably nothing new on this forum, I feel it is important to let the band know how much I and other fans appreciate their music \m/
    I became a DT fan after Black Clouds came out, and they've been my favorite band ever since. Their music has gotten me through some hard times in my life, and has inspired me to become more involved in music in my own life. When I heard Mike Portnoy had left DT, I was crushed. I was afraid that my new favorite band would be no more, not long after I had gotten into them. I was lucky to have seen them in concord opening for maiden, but I couldnt bear the thought of never seeing them in a headlining show. I was ecstatic when I found out they would continue, but I was worried that they would not be able to live up to the amazingness of Black Clouds (In my opinion anyway, fantastic album \m/). I was very wrong however! when I first heard on the backs of angels, I wasnt as excited as i thought it would be, but thats because they set the standards to fricking high! It has since grown on me and I now love it! The album blew me away, and has now become one of my favorites, a classic for years to come. I was lucky enough to see them in san francisco, and i cant see you again!
    I apologize for this ridiculously long post, but I am just so happy to see the success Dream Theater has seen with this album, especially with a much-deserved Grammy nod! So I thank you, Dream Theater, for being an incredible band that never ceases to amaze and inspire me. Thank you for all the hard work you do, the process of making your albums, as well as touring and interviews and everything you do! And most of all I want to thank you for persevering, for succeeding despite the bad times, and for making some of the best music I know.
    Thank you, and a happy new year to all of you \m/

Brewtaco's picture
on December 31, 2011 - 9:02am

As 2011 draws to a close, I thought I would offer an official thank you to the guys in Dream Theater for making such an incredible album! While praise is probably nothing new on this forum, I feel it is important to let the band know how much I and other fans appreciate their music \m/
I became a DT fan after Black Clouds came out, and they've been my favorite band ever since. Their music has gotten me through some hard times in my life, and has inspired me to become more involved in music in my own life. When I heard Mike Portnoy had left DT, I was crushed. I was afraid that my new favorite band would be no more, not long after I had gotten into them. I was lucky to have seen them in concord opening for maiden, but I couldnt bear the thought of never seeing them in a headlining show. I was ecstatic when I found out they would continue, but I was worried that they would not be able to live up to the amazingness of Black Clouds (In my opinion anyway, fantastic album \m/). I was very wrong however! when I first heard on the backs of angels, I wasnt as excited as i thought it would be, but thats because they set the standards to fricking high! It has since grown on me and I now love it! The album blew me away, and has now become one of my favorites, a classic for years to come. I was lucky enough to see them in san francisco, and i cant see you again!
I apologize for this ridiculously long post, but I am just so happy to see the success Dream Theater has seen with this album, especially with a much-deserved Grammy nod! So I thank you, Dream Theater, for being an incredible band that never ceases to amaze and inspire me. Thank you for all the hard work you do, the process of making your albums, as well as touring and interviews and everything you do! And most of all I want to thank you for persevering, for succeeding despite the bad times, and for making some of the best music I know.
Thank you, and a happy new year to all of you \m/

Forum category: 
GaGaforDreamTheater's picture

wasnt saying that at all....glad you found them & are a fan like all of us.
I was just saying It just reminds me of how long i have been a fan, & thank god the band has stuck together
through all the line up changes & turmoil with record companies & everything else they have endured.
Alot of so called fans didnt want an album without Portnoy, like they wanted the band to end. Well the new album & grammy nod makes them eat crow.....Mangini is awesome, there latest is awesome...cant wait for the next record already

Brewtaco's picture

hey man, im only 18, not my fault I wasn't aware of them until 2009..doesn't make me any less of a fan \m/

GaGaforDreamTheater's picture

I became a DT fan after Black Clouds came out WOOOOOOW, i forget how long i have been a fan now when i read these. Glad you discoverd DT....
Been a fan since Images & words when these guys came to a record store i had worked at, pushing the cassette of there material in a store called Record World in Commack Long Island...Now thats classic !
Have a boat named Dream Theater. Seen 30/40 something shows. I remember all the way back to seeing them play clubs like Malibu & CPI in the Hamptons...SHEEEESH, How cool after all these years of being a fan to see them getting recognition form the industry. There like family to me, grown up with them, never knowing them personally. Albums put me back to stages in my life to think back of great times/ people.
I met JP at a local hardware chain last year getting Christmas lights, he lives a couple of towns away. Hes such a great person & genuinely nice to the core. These guys are all great human beings......Nobody has a big ego, that sometimes comes with the music industy...You guys deserve all the good that comes with the new line up/album/albums to come
& whatever you guys do or direction the band turns..i will always support because i am a tru DT fan

So thank you, from a TRUE DT FAN