Skip directly to content

Philly Show

• Philly Show
    October 17, 2011 - 2:54pm

Thanks for a great performance last night at the Merriam. Look forward to seeing you again very soon!

tennisguy's picture
on October 17, 2011 - 2:54pm

Thanks for a great performance last night at the Merriam. Look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Forum category: 
Steev's picture

last night was a blast

and Im just gonna say it, IMO "Under A Glass Moon" is the best way to end a show

guitarob's picture

Great show! This was the best show I've seen since my first show at the Tower Theater for Train of Thought. I don't think anything will top that night (It's hard to beat a spot-on 3 hour show that included a cover of Echoes). I've been to 5 shows since that night, and this one was by far the best. Great set list... and Under a Glass Moon for an encore instead of Pull Me Under! Absolutely amazing! I love that it seems like there is a new energy among the band members, they all seemed to interact more with each other and the crowd. I don't remember James ever talking so much between songs and Mangini looked like he was having a blast! I didn't want the show to end.

PCo's picture

Got it, wasn't a dig. I was a couple rows behind you just wondering if you were the couple I saw.

Rkeister's picture

nope, maybe the guy two seats down if it was row c. we sat next to another couple. Never played keyboards to know how to even play them on air. My girl did get petrucci to wave to her though.

PCo's picture

@Rkeister: Were you the one, air keyboarding on your girlfriends arm?

Rkeister's picture

That show was absolutely amazing, sat in row C. Had the M&G with my girlfriend. Let's start by saying I drive her nuts by playing them all the time in the car, and she wasn't really into them. She has been talking about the show non-stop all last night and today. She was absolutely astonished, as was I. I couldn't have asked for a better set list. Then again, I love pretty much every song so that part wasn't going to be a problem either way. But I would also like to thank them for an excellent show.

Echoes23's picture

Agree. Amazing show! Haven't seen them live since '03 but they are better then ever. Mangini's drum solo blew me away. I noticed Jordan had a couple of instruments in his area. His keyboard, guitar keyboard, continuum and they something else which it didn't look like he played at all. Anyone know what is was?

2takethetime's picture

I have to agree with Phoenix87. I've seen 13 shows since starting in '92 and this ranks in my top 2 and may very well be #1. The most surprising aspect was Myung's energy level and interaction with the band. Everyone was having fun and giving 100%. The old stuff sounded better than ever especially 'Endless Sacrifice'. The sound and performance reminded me of how they played and sounded back in the 90's. The intro video was great but Mangini stole the show--really. He was smiling from ear to ear most of the show and visibly said 'thank you' to the crowd many times. The show exceeded my expectations.

Phoenix87's picture

Sweet mother of god, that show was utterly incredible.

Everything was perfect. The setlist was excellent and the the stage presence was magical and powerful. Jame's voice sounded amazing and everyone's playing was dead on.

The acoustic portion was one hell of a incredible surprise, and I felt my eyes begin to tear up during beneath the surface. It was serenely beautiful. Mangini's drums solo was awesome and Jordan's piano solo spot was absolutely beautiful.

And I must say the lighting design was truly bliss. My god was it cool. The intro video had me laughing too, its was so great.

Thank you guys so much, for giving me one of the greatest nights of my life. I will remember this forever.

PCo's picture

Brought a newbie with me as well as my nephew. IMO was best I have seen them play, which says a lot. The energy was higher than I ever recall.