Skip directly to content

Philly Show

• Philly Show
    October 23, 2011 - 4:47pm

Dream Theater is a huge influence in my musical life, I also think collaboratively as a group of people they are as good as it gets. However the show in Philly was somewhat disappointing from an acoustical perspective. The Merriam Theater might not have been designed as well as some other venues. I thought the sound at some points was not mix appropriately. However I will be there for the next one! We are planning to make the trip to Milan in Feb as well :-)

Please keep the great music coming!

mdc3564's picture
on October 23, 2011 - 4:47pm

Dream Theater is a huge influence in my musical life, I also think collaboratively as a group of people they are as good as it gets. However the show in Philly was somewhat disappointing from an acoustical perspective. The Merriam Theater might not have been designed as well as some other venues. I thought the sound at some points was not mix appropriately. However I will be there for the next one! We are planning to make the trip to Milan in Feb as well :-)

Please keep the great music coming!

Forum category: 
guitarob's picture

I thought the sound was a little wonky during the beginning of "Bridges" but it seemed to clear up after that.

2takethetime's picture

The sound of the show had issues in parts. Compared to the BC&SL tour is was better. My last show was at Merriweather Post Pavilion near D.C. and the mix was not very good. In comparison the Philly show sounded great although the former was outdoors and the latter indoors. Having said that Zappa Plays Zappa sounded fantastic at Merriweather. What I'm really hoping for is a tour DVD or CD or at the very least an official bootleg of one of the shows. A recording of this tour with Mangini and the re-energized band seems essential from my perspective.

DragonAttack's picture

Those who posted on the original thread didn't complain about the sound.

http://www.dreamtheater.net/board_posts/philly-show

Curious if it was expectations, previous experiences,where one viewed the concert,.....?

Anyone care to follow up? It had to be better than the Tower Theater during the 'Black Clouds' tour. There were so many bad sounding moments (not to mention the curtain getting hung up on one side at the beginning).