Skip directly to content

Pittsburgh 10.04.11

• Pittsburgh 10.04.11
    October 5, 2011 - 5:52am

I'm sure the guys in the band were saying who booked an outside gig in Pennsylvania in October? Regardless of the weather the band played a great show and were still able to play all of the riffs that define them with ease. Mike Mangini had big shoes to fill and filled them just as good or better than the original owner of the shoes. There was only one time where he slipped and went into a straight beat to cover, then corrected himself and got back into the groove. (Because we all know that a straight beat is not part of the DT experience)..LOL..He made the mistake pointed to his in ear monitor, John shot him a look and that was it. We all moved on and enjoyed the evening. I saw DT at this same location on the Images and Words tour and must say it felt just like it did 18 years ago. Great musicians moving through scales and modes, manipulating intervals and chord voicings to tell their story of how wonderful music can be. Great show!!

145=boring's picture
on October 5, 2011 - 5:52am

I'm sure the guys in the band were saying who booked an outside gig in Pennsylvania in October? Regardless of the weather the band played a great show and were still able to play all of the riffs that define them with ease. Mike Mangini had big shoes to fill and filled them just as good or better than the original owner of the shoes. There was only one time where he slipped and went into a straight beat to cover, then corrected himself and got back into the groove. (Because we all know that a straight beat is not part of the DT experience)..LOL..He made the mistake pointed to his in ear monitor, John shot him a look and that was it. We all moved on and enjoyed the evening. I saw DT at this same location on the Images and Words tour and must say it felt just like it did 18 years ago. Great musicians moving through scales and modes, manipulating intervals and chord voicings to tell their story of how wonderful music can be. Great show!!

Forum category: