Skip directly to content

Poll: Best song on ADToE

• Poll: Best song on ADToE
    February 11, 2012 - 10:00pm

On The Backs of Angels is a great song, from a great album! I believe it will win the Grammy, but some fans like other songs from the new album even more. What song off of ADToE would you have nominated for a Grammy?

comment's picture
on February 11, 2012 - 10:00pm

On The Backs of Angels is a great song, from a great album! I believe it will win the Grammy, but some fans like other songs from the new album even more. What song off of ADToE would you have nominated for a Grammy?

Forum category: 
JeffAsIAm's picture

ANY song from ADTOE is way better than anything nominated in the grammy's list. And no the Foo Fighters are a rock band, not a hard rock or heavy metal band. Becouse of the electronic dance BS this year, the rock stuff was moved off the show. I love BAI, tasty aural ride with another deep feeling guitar solo in it. The lyrics in BMU,BMD are amazing, and when JP starts the metal fingered chord crunch a couple of minutes in on LNF, I just automaticly reach over a spin the volume so the rest of the world can enjoy along. DT's best cd yet, though none are weak. I got this the day of release and it hasn't left my car except to burn copies for my other cars!

CONSTANTMOTION's picture

but it's hard for me to choose only one as there's something i love about absolutely each song here.
Well maybe BAI and OTBOA :D

CONSTANTMOTION's picture

BAI is a prog masterpiece! I'm glad to see JM writing and I like most of his content. For the longest time His Lifting Shadows Off A Dream was my favorite DT song.

couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!!

comment's picture

This album is incredible! For me hammering down this albums songs is difficult because I'm finding through each listen it's just rich with moments that astound me and make my "best song" category. Just before the Grammy's I revisited OTBoA and found I liked it more and afresh. And right now I'm really savoring the prog on Outcry. I cast my vote for This is The Life more for the songs message, but great sound too.

BAI is a prog masterpiece! I'm glad to see JM writing and I like most of his content. For the longest time His Lifting Shadows Off A Dream was my favorite DT song.

7:12 of BAI: JP and JR WOW!

Tis BOOLsheet's picture

Breaking All Illusions is probably my favorite. That might actually be a top 5 DT song for me. Bridges is not far behind, if at all. Neither are Angels, Lost, and Outcry, which are ALL amazing songs. They're the best DT songs to come out in about 3 albums.

John Petrucci Jr (I wish)'s picture

Breaking all Illusions, by far. how can you not love a song with lyrics by Myung? And the solo in the middle! Absolutely mind blowing! I went to see DT live on the 9th, and was lucky enough to see BAI performed (last song of the set before the encore). Needless to say, it was the best song they could have chosen to finish on. (Encore was As I Am)