Skip directly to content

Poll: How old are you DT fan?

• Poll: How old are you DT fan?
    September 9, 2011 - 11:17am

I was struck at a DT concert once how there were 60 yo people next to 20 yo's. I thought it was amazing how DT brings so many different generations together. So I'm curious about the actual fan base age mix.

johncal's picture
on September 9, 2011 - 11:17am

I was struck at a DT concert once how there were 60 yo people next to 20 yo's. I thought it was amazing how DT brings so many different generations together. So I'm curious about the actual fan base age mix.

Forum category: 
Lexikan's picture

Now age 42, listening from the first album eh 1990? and still longing for more.
c u you guys in zwolle the Netherlands/,

Lady Obscure's picture

[quote=chknptpie]hrrrm can't vote[/quote]
me neither ....

Daso's picture

I'm 16 and I've been listening to them for a little bit more than 2 years now :D

fb_ryan_blackmon's picture

I'm 33 and have been listening since 93. My 2 year old daughter loves DT and sings along with "Bridges in the Sky". Also turned on my wife and all my friends to DT.

Emtuc's picture

15, nearly 16, and I've liked them for...maybe a year? But I've only got really into them in the last couple of months because before that I only had Octavarium and Awake

Elle Dammers's picture

:p yea!!! Im 51 HA! I've been listening here in Maui since i was 32!! my dog puppy head is 20 and so is my cat amethyst! raised on DT!!! I'm sooooo lucky cuz my husband knows how much i Rock ~DT and gave me 2 M&G this december!!! for my B-day!!! Yay!! and i just saw them in sept too!!! I'm so glad they got nominated for a Grammy !!! that will mean a strong long life for them too!!! Cuz Dream Theater is the soundtrack to our life here in Maui!!! all these years!! I'm stoked and Proud to be a Dream Theater ...Fan !! And Shine Strong about it! it takes a lot of talent, commitment dedication to create this music so unique ,rich in artistic design ! awesome !! so~ If Im not like the rest the mainstream its just"AS I AM" he hee!! much Aloha to all the DT Boys !!! ~ROCK

fb_norman_ottley's picture

I'm 61 and i think DT the best band i have heard in 45 yrs.

Elliotthallhimself's picture

17 and they have been my favorite for half a year and I regret I wasn't a fan sooner.

RuskyTheaterBear's picture

@kenny-c: No not really, I can't play an instrument or sing for shit and I've been a fan for 18 years. You do need an appreciation for the skill that these guys have though.

@DTfanfromcanada: I so wanted to get over and see that, I was trying so hard to raise the money to get over there from Australia and for the tickets to the concerts as well. I bet it was awesome seeing 2 such Iconic bands playing one after the other.

43, Been listening (and loving) since I was introduced to them when I was 25 Wow , 18 years. My Dad and his Lady friend luv them too, they are 65 and 61. My friend is my age, we have been friends for 38 years and he only got right into them in 2008, 15 years after I exposed DT to him. DT shows they get fans of all ages at very different times of their lives. Sign of one damn brilliant band.

Invincible Psychotron's picture

[b]Hi,

I am 30 and have been listening to Dream Theater for the last 14 years. I became a huge fan when I listened to the song "Lie" from 'Awake' and it blew my mind away! I haven't looked back ever since and "Dream Theater" became my favorite band quite instantly. Even after 14 years no other band have ever taken their NUMERO UNO position...

It's quite ironical that I first bought the two albums of "Liquid Tension Experiment" (another classic representation of mind boggling progressive voyage into infinity) and later I started buying the new as well as back catalog of "Dream Theater". The first two Dream Theater albums that I bought were 'Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence' and 'Train of Thought'! Today I own every album, every EP, every DVD and every Box Set that they have released so far. Am a proud owner of 'Black Clouds & Silver Linings' and 'A Dramatic Turn of Events' (Deluxe Limited Collector's Edition Box Sets) :).

I love "Dream Theater" and want to thank them for the wonderful music they create and the spectacular live performances they deliver. Their music has always inspired me to elevate towards a grander tangent...it simply doesn't seem to stop ever! I love them very much. DREAM THEATER FOREVER \m/ \m/[/b]

dtfan44's picture

25 here.

bugsyoz's picture

Old enough to know better, young enough not to give a flying rats arse.

39 here.

Jorge Armando's picture

Just turned 40 a couple months ago ;)

Soulfire's picture

I call bull...

Or if not, u are most definitely the youngest person I have ever seen on a forum on the internet EVER.

skildude's picture

I've been listening since 1992. My brother got me hooked on I&W and Its been fun and fulfilling since then

Batur Togay's picture

I'm 16. Dream Theater is my favourite band since 2010.

Philba1966's picture

Didn't accept my vote (at least I couldn't see the results afterwards). I'm 45...it was my 21 y/o son (then 18) that reintroduced me to DT (I'd heard Pull me under in the early 90's but since no other songs made radio play, I errantly assumed "one-hit-wonder"...what a waste of 15 years!!!!!).

DebraKadabra's picture

Can't vote. I'm 41 and I've been a fan since Images and Words.

troyofyort's picture

18, And ive converted my 48 year old dad into a diehard fan by dragging him to a DT show! :)

likeablecoffeeguy's picture

53. Been a bass player for 30 years. :o I'm old! LOL

FireHeart's picture

36 years old. I am DT fan since I was 25. My son is now with 16 and he love them too since 14.
Dream Theater is music for all generations!

Tony Sarrio's picture

I am 46 years old. My 8 year old daughter loves DT. There is Dream Theater in my CD player at all times. Its mandatory!!! I will see you guys in DC oct.17th!!!!

7deg_inner_happiness's picture

I will hit 50 years next year...........looking forward to bringing my oldest son (13 yo) to see DT rock in Beantown next Monday.....I know we'll both always remember the time we spent together taking in this awesome show!! I'm PSYCHED!!

Wingnut1991's picture

40. Fan for 19 years. Last show attended in LA on 9/25, went with a co-worker who is 22 and his younger brother who is 17.

DTfanfromcanada's picture

19 and I've been a die-hard fan since I was 15. My first show was on the systematic chaos tour and I see them every tour (including when they opened for maiden last year - awesome show!)

BigBunny's picture

wow, 95 under 30's. alot of young people with great taste ;)

Dream Theater NH's picture

bubba2ba's picture

Pages