Skip directly to content

Pompano Beach Show

• Pompano Beach Show
    October 23, 2011 - 6:42pm

Just wanted to tell everyone who has not seen the show yet to make sure to catch this tour. I have seen DT 4 times now in Pompano and they always blow the place up. Trivium opened up and did a great job, I had never seen them before and was quite impressed with the songs and of course the guys are great players. The crowd was a DT crowd but I think I saw some heads banging in the end that had previously just been politley watching the young band open up...nice to see Fl boys doing such a great job!

Dream Theater is in rare form it seems. I am a huge Portnoy fan, but also was open to seeing Mike play...and play he did. Anyone out there with any concerns need to fear not...he is on it like a Atomic clock. It also looked to me (after many DT shows) that everyone was having a great time on stage. Not that they didnt before but something different now, and the show itself was awesome. Nice to see a real rock concert with lights and video etc. Musically I cant imagine any group being tighter especially considering the complexity of the material, as a fellow musician they have always and still blow my mind. James's voice was great and he seemed to be having fun and enjoying the crowd singing back to him. The unison solos with Jordan joining John with his Keytar was a fun part of the show too as Jordan seems to really becoming more of visual part of the show (showing his solos on the screen was a great idea). All in all it was another spectacular DT show but....but you have to see this Mike Mangini people. He is INTO it! He kills the kit! I dont say "better" in regard to comparing musicians, as both he and Mike Portnoy are on the same level, just different flavors...but at this time in space Mike Mangini is the MAN!! and that is a tough thing to say being that Mike founded the band etcc..but hey sometimes life is a bitch.

BigDave001's picture
on October 23, 2011 - 6:42pm

Just wanted to tell everyone who has not seen the show yet to make sure to catch this tour. I have seen DT 4 times now in Pompano and they always blow the place up. Trivium opened up and did a great job, I had never seen them before and was quite impressed with the songs and of course the guys are great players. The crowd was a DT crowd but I think I saw some heads banging in the end that had previously just been politley watching the young band open up...nice to see Fl boys doing such a great job!

Dream Theater is in rare form it seems. I am a huge Portnoy fan, but also was open to seeing Mike play...and play he did. Anyone out there with any concerns need to fear not...he is on it like a Atomic clock. It also looked to me (after many DT shows) that everyone was having a great time on stage. Not that they didnt before but something different now, and the show itself was awesome. Nice to see a real rock concert with lights and video etc. Musically I cant imagine any group being tighter especially considering the complexity of the material, as a fellow musician they have always and still blow my mind. James's voice was great and he seemed to be having fun and enjoying the crowd singing back to him. The unison solos with Jordan joining John with his Keytar was a fun part of the show too as Jordan seems to really becoming more of visual part of the show (showing his solos on the screen was a great idea). All in all it was another spectacular DT show but....but you have to see this Mike Mangini people. He is INTO it! He kills the kit! I dont say "better" in regard to comparing musicians, as both he and Mike Portnoy are on the same level, just different flavors...but at this time in space Mike Mangini is the MAN!! and that is a tough thing to say being that Mike founded the band etcc..but hey sometimes life is a bitch.

Forum category: