Skip directly to content

Portnoy Suing Dream Theater

KirksNoseHair_2's picture
on September 19, 2011 - 7:33pm

Sad day

What does everyone think?

Forum category: 
Awake79's picture

Crazy....seems hypocritical of Mike. I mean, there have been decisions made since 1990 that have been made for the sake of DT, and DT alone; replacing Charlie, replacing Derek. These were made not for personal reasons, for the sake of the DT machine. Here, another decision was made, not based on personal reasons, but for the sake of DT remaining a musical force. But, now that its been a decision made against Mike, he isn't ok with it. Wow, never thought it would go down this way. Pretty much contradicts a lot of what he said in the Greek interview. Crazy...

Wolfman1234's picture

Yeah a sad day! I guess this shows how far and ugly it can go when music turns to business! Imagine to sue your friends after 25 years......well i sure can´t!

Gourdy Lee's picture

I don't know the whole story, but I have to say that I don't have a whole lot of respect left for MP. That's all I'll say.

DTMP13's picture

[quote=KirksNoseHair][url=http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article... day[/url]

What does everyone think?[/quote]

It's sad for sure. I don't know what to believe....

ytsejam's picture

Bet's on how long MP'S forum stay's up.....

Canuck's picture

Oh Mr. Portnoy, how I thought he would bow out with some grace, realizing he shot himself in the foot, so to speak. But I guess he has deep resentment over not being allowed back in the band. Sad day for all involved.

Sabian's picture

Looks like Wey just bowed out as Moderator of the MP site, posts are getting removed as fast as they're getting posted. Me thinks this may be more than a rumor, a rumor that has been out for months BTW.

Awake79's picture

Nevermind, saw it on blabbermouth. That makes me wonder why the hell he would say in the Rock Hard interview he doesn't know why no one has contact him from the band. Well damn dude, you sue someone, they probably aren't going to be very cordial to you after the fact! Sheesh.

Awake79's picture

Really? Source?

ytsejam's picture

Sad day....But i guess it was only a matter of time. Guess that put's an end to the reunion tour. My own thought is Mike realize's he has made a mistake....and i guess he want's everyone connected with the band to feel as miserably as he does.Just prove's the grass isn't always greener on the other side. Still a sad day....

drop2d's picture

I for one am not surprised by this. He is a founding member and may be due some royalties on the name, Dream Theater... Could get a little sketchy though considering that he technically quit.

KirksNoseHair_2's picture

I could have sworn I selected the "Banter and Brawl" forum when posting this.

Feel free to move it mods...