Skip directly to content

Positive suggestions for this site.....

• Positive suggestions for this site.....
    September 9, 2011 - 8:15pm

I think for any forum community to thrive, the community should have some input into it. Most of us have been part of many Forums, some as participants and some as Mods/Admins, and have some great ideas. That being said, list anything you think would be a positive addition to the forum, hopefully the Powers that be will take them into consideration :)

1. More Topic sections

2. IF...it is deemed to be allowed on this forum, please seperate any Political/Religious discussions.

Thanks in advance to the Admin!! :D

Oh yeah..... MORE SMILIES!!!!!!! :p

CrimsonSunriseDTF's picture
on September 9, 2011 - 8:15pm

I think for any forum community to thrive, the community should have some input into it. Most of us have been part of many Forums, some as participants and some as Mods/Admins, and have some great ideas. That being said, list anything you think would be a positive addition to the forum, hopefully the Powers that be will take them into consideration :)

1. More Topic sections

2. IF...it is deemed to be allowed on this forum, please seperate any Political/Religious discussions.

Thanks in advance to the Admin!! :D

Oh yeah..... MORE SMILIES!!!!!!! :p

Forum category: 
myfriendzeppelin's picture

1 - Different default font, what is this -- AOL in 1999?

2 - Full screen for better organization.

3 - Not a white background, it's not easy on the eyes.

4 - Borders for each post, not the whole body of each page.

Soulfire's picture

[quote=Deep_Blue]Seriously though, a line that separates a post's text and your signature would be nice. I always get confused. And I second the OP. [/quote]

This sig line would DEFINITELY help. I had a bit of a freakout yesterday when a MASSIVE list of gear appeared IN my post. So I also agree with previous sentiments about the need to reduce fontsize. It's too big IMO to fit a whole lot of stuff on the page.

Perhaps a Chat feature as well?

And on another note, having a better way to see which threads contain read or unread posts would be better IMO. At the moment, to me, it's very unclear.

ChinoDTF's picture

Definitely more sub forums. This forum is still new. Give it a year and the banter and brawl section is going to be a mad house.

I would also like to be able to use profanity.

Guitarded's picture

It looks quite nice, but I think the general layout will take some time for me to get used to. I would like smaller fonts on the main page, or more room for titles and other information. Not really a big deal, though. Just has a different feel than what I'm used to.

ZeppelinDT's picture

On a more serious note, two suggestions:

1 - The ability to embed videos directly into a post.

2 - Autoconversion of links without having to add the "url" tags.

ZeppelinDT's picture

Free pie when you register. I'll take a peach please.

Youber's picture

I think, for a progressive metal band, that it doesn't seem any metallish to put that guy on his rope for principal image on top of this site. I don't know wha would be good, but I know this ain't to me :/

chknptpie's picture

[quote=SilentFury007]Oh, and we need a "Jump to Newest Post since last visit" kind of button, like MP.com.[/quote]

YES PLEASE! And some sort of differentiation between read and unread posts. To me they all look the same.

SilentFury007's picture

Oh, and we need a "Jump to Newest Post since last visit" kind of button, like MP.com.

CrimsonSunriseDTF's picture

I know there are bugs to be worked out, but it seems very quirky when editing or deleting posts. Not sure if it's something that can be fix'd but....

SilentFury007's picture

[quote=Deep_Blue]Seriously though, a line that separates a post's text and your signature would be nice. I always get confused. And I second the OP. [/quote]
Yeah I would definitely agree with this. This was part of my problem yesterday. "The Great Signature Debacle That No One Ever Saw." lol

bosk1's picture

Octavarium subforum?

johncal's picture

Reduce the font size and spacing. A lot more will fit on the page without altering the look. My scroll wheel has turned into the wheel of fortune!