Skip directly to content

Problems In Poland. DT ignores their fans.

• Problems In Poland. DT ignores their fans.
    January 31, 2012 - 5:11pm

I would like to share with you what happened in Poland two days ago. The gates should be opened at 6 p.m support at 7 and Dream Theater should start at 8. But at 8 we were still waiting at the gates. People got very angry because they paid so much money (here in Poland we earn on average 400 $ at month, and the tickets cost about 50$) and we have to wait 2,5h on freezing weather (-15C, 5F). And we learned that DT manager decided not to let people in although there was a corridor were people can heat up, drink something warm. And we also learned that there were threat of canceling the concert but luckily things were settled between the organizor and the DT manager. People started entering gates at 8:40pm
    Support band was canceled and DT started playing few minutes after the 9. and I DON`T believe that they didn`t know what were happening. Some people who PAID for their tickets were still waiting to get in when they STARTED to play. Is that how the band treats their fans ?? I understand that was not their guilt in delaying but they could wait this 20 minutes more until everyone were inside. I was disgusted. And when they were playing they looked like they were pissed off. But they didn`t have to take it out on fans. Sorry that night two days ago I saw the band different that I believed.

I hope that someone from DT would read this and could provide some explanation what precisely happened and who`s guilt was that? I believe that Polish fans deserve some explanation or we are somehow different from the rest maybe worse? Since yesterday I have been reading many forums here in Poland and people seriously thinking if they would ever go again on some DT concert.
    I am looking forward to some replay from you.

Frustrated DT fan.

Aylon's picture
on January 31, 2012 - 5:11pm

I would like to share with you what happened in Poland two days ago. The gates should be opened at 6 p.m support at 7 and Dream Theater should start at 8. But at 8 we were still waiting at the gates. People got very angry because they paid so much money (here in Poland we earn on average 400 $ at month, and the tickets cost about 50$) and we have to wait 2,5h on freezing weather (-15C, 5F). And we learned that DT manager decided not to let people in although there was a corridor were people can heat up, drink something warm. And we also learned that there were threat of canceling the concert but luckily things were settled between the organizor and the DT manager. People started entering gates at 8:40pm
Support band was canceled and DT started playing few minutes after the 9. and I DON`T believe that they didn`t know what were happening. Some people who PAID for their tickets were still waiting to get in when they STARTED to play. Is that how the band treats their fans ?? I understand that was not their guilt in delaying but they could wait this 20 minutes more until everyone were inside. I was disgusted. And when they were playing they looked like they were pissed off. But they didn`t have to take it out on fans. Sorry that night two days ago I saw the band different that I believed.

I hope that someone from DT would read this and could provide some explanation what precisely happened and who`s guilt was that? I believe that Polish fans deserve some explanation or we are somehow different from the rest maybe worse? Since yesterday I have been reading many forums here in Poland and people seriously thinking if they would ever go again on some DT concert.
I am looking forward to some replay from you.

Frustrated DT fan.

Forum category: 
Callahan's picture

Jordan tweeted in response to the issue in Poland : To my friends in Poland- there were safety issues at the venue that were out of our control. They had to be resolved before people entered.

https://twitter.com/#!/Jcrudess/statuses/163932872846221312

Aylon's picture

Hi

-My mistake you`re right it should have started at 8pm. I`ve just read that gates were to be opened at 7pm.
- In official press statement you can read that decision to let people in is taken by DT manager not the organizator. So despite this he can let people in and later they could check tickets for example before the main entrance to the hall.
- My friend stood in third row before the stage and he saw that guys were nervous. You know when you show is about to cancel 1 hour before the start you have to be pissed off. Especially when you are not comfortable with the equipment that are provided to you. It can be read that there were technical problems.Their FOH engineer achieved good sound about one hour from the beginning of the show. I think that this also could be the problem with the equipment that Polish organizator provided to them.
- You can read everywhere and check temperature that it was below -10C.

I DO NOT blame DT for organization and lack of thinking. But taking that situation into consideration they COULD WAIT just few more minutes for all fans to come in. And I think there should be some statement also from the managment of DT to Polish fans. That is my opinion.

Trzesiu's picture

Hi mate,
I was there, too. Few things need to be explained first:
-the gig was supposed to start at 8pm, not DT
-DT started around 9.15pm, I believe as it was settled, while people were still queing outside, and if You were there You'll know WHY
-can You tell me exactly who was pissed off? Or maybe we were on two different shows...
-last, it was really freezy but -6C as left my car at 8pm

I realy don't want to judge where the truth is and really know how U can feel but please-do not blame DT guys for the hopeless organization, elementary lack of thinking ("the one and only gate-in") and scandalous comunication as these things are only on our, polish organizators and Arena in-charge guys side.

If any of You, DT guys, reading hope You had spent some great time in freezy Poznan, my home city. The gig in spite of the issues with the organizators were fantastic! Was a pleasure to see You in such a good shape enjoying each second of the music. Thank You!