Skip directly to content

Prog band searching for a vocalist!

• Prog band searching for a vocalist!
    December 13, 2012 - 8:26am

Hey everyone,

You may remember me, I'm from Brisbane based prog band FreeThought. I posted our single on here a couple of months back, and some of you seemed to enjoy it :D. We recently lost our vocalist and we're looking for a new one. If there's anyone on here based in Brisbane, Australia, and loves prog, and can sing, send us a message! Message me here on the forum on on our facebook page, we're looking to hire soon!

We are all 18-19 years old looking for someone of similar age, preferably a high-ish tenor range (for reference our last singer was 22).
    Our influences include Frost*, Dream Theater, Transatlantic, Devin Townsend, Tool, etc.
    Here's a demo we recorded with our last singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T76bR1yHBY
    and our Facebook page www.facebook.com/freethoughtband

We're hardworking and are looking for someone of an equally hardworking attitude. Our plan is to finish recording an EP before starting playing some shows. We're looking for a dedicated vocalist, preferably with skills in lyric and melody writing, who loves prog and is keen to get moving on rehearsing and recording. If you are someone who fits this description, or if you know someone who is, message us please!

Regards,

Soulfire

Soulfire's picture
on December 13, 2012 - 8:26am

Hey everyone,

You may remember me, I'm from Brisbane based prog band FreeThought. I posted our single on here a couple of months back, and some of you seemed to enjoy it :D. We recently lost our vocalist and we're looking for a new one. If there's anyone on here based in Brisbane, Australia, and loves prog, and can sing, send us a message! Message me here on the forum on on our facebook page, we're looking to hire soon!

We are all 18-19 years old looking for someone of similar age, preferably a high-ish tenor range (for reference our last singer was 22).
Our influences include Frost*, Dream Theater, Transatlantic, Devin Townsend, Tool, etc.
Here's a demo we recorded with our last singer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T76bR1yHBY
and our Facebook page www.facebook.com/freethoughtband

We're hardworking and are looking for someone of an equally hardworking attitude. Our plan is to finish recording an EP before starting playing some shows. We're looking for a dedicated vocalist, preferably with skills in lyric and melody writing, who loves prog and is keen to get moving on rehearsing and recording. If you are someone who fits this description, or if you know someone who is, message us please!

Regards,

Soulfire

Forum category: 
Phrygian Sunshine's picture

Hi Soulfire. Long time. I thought about you not long ago. You and I had a conversation last year that I revisited regarding Thanksgiving Day. Cool to see you around again.

Best of luck with the vocalist search. Hope everything works out for the best.

Cheers!
Jay Jii

First Memeber's picture

Hello Soulfire,

I saw your post for a vocalist for your band.

I did go to you tube and listen to your demo song, I thought the music was good, but the vocals did not flow that well.

This is just my opinion from what I heard, nothing is written in stone, others might find the vocals to fit just fine!

I live in Chicago IL, and I have been listening to DT since the late 80's early 90's. I have seen DT in concert 13 times.

Both my parents were in the music business, my mother an opera singer, my father a jazz musician, and music teacher.

I have spent years studying, and replicating James L's voice, to a TEE. I have a midrange to low tenor tone to my voice.

Unfortunalty I am 51 years old, and Im sure I am exactly what your not looking for, LOL

I am interested in recording my singing voice professionally, and getting it out there for all to hear.

Just wondering what you would advise someone intersted in a singing career? How to approach it, and get the end results of getting my name and voice out there.

I would love to purchase your EP once it comes out in 2013, and I would like to send you a demo of my singing for evaluation, once I get that accomplished.

Also I noticed that by chance we both activated an account at the DT website, on the exact same day 9/09/2011, I activated 293 people behind you on 9/09/2011. That's Kinda Spooky, don't ya think?

Email me back with your thoughts, I would love to hear your opinion!

Thanks

darren@vtjoliet.com