Skip directly to content

Question about the July 7th show

• Question about the July 7th show
    April 23, 2012 - 6:04am

It's in Austin at ACL Live. The tickets are advertised $30-$55, but the dozens of sites i find, including the ACL site, start tickets more than double what's advertised. I already have tickets for San Antonio the night before, which WERE as cheap as advertised, decent seats too.
    When or where do I get Austin tickets for cheaper than $120???

Psygnosis99's picture
on April 23, 2012 - 6:04am

It's in Austin at ACL Live. The tickets are advertised $30-$55, but the dozens of sites i find, including the ACL site, start tickets more than double what's advertised. I already have tickets for San Antonio the night before, which WERE as cheap as advertised, decent seats too.
When or where do I get Austin tickets for cheaper than $120???

Forum category: 
Psygnosis99's picture

Ahh yes, the tickets went on sale on the ACL live site last Friday at 10 am. I picked some up at 10:01 ;) floor middle row 7, probably right behind the meet and greets

luanneadams's picture

@luanneadams: Dang. I am so excited that I can't type but you all get my meaning!

luanneadams's picture

We have our Meet & Greet tickets for Austin. I am sooooooooooooo excited. Good luck to all & see you there!

luanneadams's picture

@kobiciera: Thanks - the same to you!

kobiciera's picture

Oops, I must have posted that on the other thread yesterday...sorry, I got confused....Good Luck to you and have fun!

luanneadams's picture

Hey all!!!! The VIP tickets for Austin go on sale Thursday May 3 at 10am. I am so excited!!! To actually get to meet my heros (and I am old enough to be their older sister!!! lol)

kobiciera's picture

The Dallas show is posted but don't see a show for Austin?

luanneadams's picture

@luanneadams:

luanneadams's picture

@Crawford Glissadevil: Hello all. I too am very anxious about the Austin concert, therefore, I emailed VIP Nation (as we will be buying Meet & Greet tickets). They informed me that they are working on soem details and will post ass soon as they are complete. I hope this helps all as it did us!!!!

kobiciera's picture

I do believe that Theory number one is accurate because those websites do that all of the time (anticipate tickets)....However, I have yet to see when the tickets will go on sale for either show. :(

Crawford Glissadevil's picture

Yes my friend, that is exactly what's transpired so far. It's the same with the Dallas ( Grand Prairie, Verizon) show. I have several theories, of which I will only mention two.

My number one theory is that the Dream Theater tickets for Dallas and Austin Texas have not gone on sale yet, and companies like Triangle Tickets are claiming to have seats they don't have, but these same ticket companies are banking on getting similar seats , when the tickets do go on sale. If you notice, the seats are all in very general areas, such as rows A-N. If you call one of these companies, they will not tell you what Exact seats you are purchasing, That's a lot of money to pay for something, they can't tell you where or what it is. That in of itself, suggests to me that just like you and I....They don't have the tickets right now! Anyway, If this theory is correct, (And there is a Show*), than you will be able to purchase available seats, for the face values (plus fees), once they the tickets do go on sell, just like you did for San Antonio.

Theory number two is very simple....There will be no show in Austin and Dallas. No show...no tickets. By the way if this theory is correct, by use of deductive reasoning, it makes theory number one correct too. And that makes me wonder friend, "Wouldn't the good folks, who run this fan site correct the info to reflect reality?" Would they?

Deinonych's picture

Dream Theater isn't showing up on the ACL Live site's calendar, and everything I've seen has a TBA start time. A friend of mine called the ACL office and they didn't even know that Dream Theater was performing on July 7. Personally, I'm waiting until I see a confirmed start time, and ticket availability on the ACL Live site.