Skip directly to content

A Rite of Passage

• A Rite of Passage
    October 20, 2013 - 1:19am

Hi All,

I am new to this site, and indeed Dream Theater in General. I have always been a punk rock/metal fan (well for the last 19 years anyway!) and have been listening to bands such as Bad Religion, Metallica, WASP, right up to (back to?) sex pistols and the clash.

I was forwarded the song, "A Rite of Passage" by a friend and was instantly hooked as the wording struck an instant chord with me. Does anyone know if the band has made a statement regarding the meaning behind this piece? The wording is rather specific and in almost perfect harmony with a certain Fraternal society and was just wondering if it was supposed to be?!

Many thanks!

James K

wolfy's picture
on October 20, 2013 - 1:19am

Hi All,

I am new to this site, and indeed Dream Theater in General. I have always been a punk rock/metal fan (well for the last 19 years anyway!) and have been listening to bands such as Bad Religion, Metallica, WASP, right up to (back to?) sex pistols and the clash.

I was forwarded the song, "A Rite of Passage" by a friend and was instantly hooked as the wording struck an instant chord with me. Does anyone know if the band has made a statement regarding the meaning behind this piece? The wording is rather specific and in almost perfect harmony with a certain Fraternal society and was just wondering if it was supposed to be?!

Many thanks!

James K

Forum category: