Skip directly to content

Rush

• Rush
    April 16, 2013 - 12:36am

Okay, I want to talk about Rush for a little bit. In Snakes and Arrows. the last song, We Hold On. I noticed a little beat skip right before the 2nd verse begins. It might just be my CD but I was wondering if anyone else heard it too?

Ytsejam58's picture
on April 16, 2013 - 12:36am

Okay, I want to talk about Rush for a little bit. In Snakes and Arrows. the last song, We Hold On. I noticed a little beat skip right before the 2nd verse begins. It might just be my CD but I was wondering if anyone else heard it too?

Forum category: 
Ytsejam58's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: Same here. I don't even notice it in Pull me Under. although it's so much fun to play on drums. Because I can hit one last final crash hit and then mute quickly.
What really bugs me are fade outs. Although it is fun to keep turning the volume up just to find out what they are playing.

Phrygian Sunshine's picture

@Sleeper1928: Abrupt endings became a somewhat popular studio trick. It might have been that Industrial music was going strong at the time and sharp edits were kinda cool. I've listened to Pull Me Under so many times that the ending doesn't seem unusual to me at all.

Ytsejam58's picture

Raw dog does that too. I think they did that intentionally but idk why. It was weird the first time I heard because It was different from the way to GH version ended and it was the only song I heard from that album. but I got used to it.

Sleeper1928's picture

Speaking of skips, I never asked this....but why does Pull Me Under suddenly end? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Ytsejam58's picture

Hm... it's probably just my copy then. It plays on the Cd so when I rip it it plays like that on my ipod too. but I got used to it

solitaryshell's picture

I did not detect a skip (played from cd).