Skip directly to content

Safe to say all the US Tour Dates are out?

• Safe to say all the US Tour Dates are out?
    September 21, 2011 - 11:17pm

Well, it looks like DT is only doing a short tour of the US this time around, and skipping some major areas and cities (Southwest, Colorado, Vegas).

So the question begets; do I fly to see them in Cali this weekend, or wait/hope there is a Spring/Summer tour that comes around Phoenix or Vegas at least?

Remember when bands used to 'tour', I mean be on the road for 2 months and play every major city. Heck, I remember when DT used to come to Phoenix twice on every tour! We haven't had a headlining set from then since 2007.

It sucks to be a DT fan in the 6th largest metro area of the country; a city good enough for Judas Priest, Metallica, Queensryche, Symphony X, Rush, and countless others that have played here over the last few years.

I really would love to hear the reason why Phoenix has been skipped on the last three tours, and skipped again on this one.

cygnus's picture
on September 21, 2011 - 11:17pm

Well, it looks like DT is only doing a short tour of the US this time around, and skipping some major areas and cities (Southwest, Colorado, Vegas).

So the question begets; do I fly to see them in Cali this weekend, or wait/hope there is a Spring/Summer tour that comes around Phoenix or Vegas at least?

Remember when bands used to 'tour', I mean be on the road for 2 months and play every major city. Heck, I remember when DT used to come to Phoenix twice on every tour! We haven't had a headlining set from then since 2007.

It sucks to be a DT fan in the 6th largest metro area of the country; a city good enough for Judas Priest, Metallica, Queensryche, Symphony X, Rush, and countless others that have played here over the last few years.

I really would love to hear the reason why Phoenix has been skipped on the last three tours, and skipped again on this one.

Forum category: 
dtfanforlife3879's picture

it would be nice to see Dream Theater come BACK to Spokane, WA. I waited 10 years to see them the first time when they came here back in 2003 on their Escape from the Studio tour which was quite bad ass. Please come back to Spokane gang!