Skip directly to content

Salt Lake 9/30/11

• Salt Lake 9/30/11
    September 23, 2011 - 7:09pm

yeah man, 1 week to go, excitement is building, lets do this, just watched that new video "on the backs oif angels" good song.....

chiefsdawg's picture
on September 23, 2011 - 7:09pm

yeah man, 1 week to go, excitement is building, lets do this, just watched that new video "on the backs oif angels" good song.....

Forum category: 
Ytsejammin's picture

I pretty much agree with everyone else's posts. Amazing. I couldn't get my head around what I'd just seen walking out of that place. I was so high from the show I made it all the way home back to Boise afterwards. Incredible. Amazing. The utmost in entertainment! I love this band!

solitaryshell's picture

I was in the tenth row pretty much center. Would like to have been closer but still had a great view.

jeffjdt1970's picture

Im still blown away at how awesome this show was!!! me and my girlfriend stayed after and met all the guys. They were all so great to stop and have their picture taken or sign an autograph. I had my picture taken with James Labrie and even though Im 40 years old, I felt like a little kid standing next to my idol! Mike Mangini was so freakin' awesome during the show and after when he stopped to talk to us. They all shook my hand and were very cool.

chiefsdawg's picture

@solitaryshell: well I was sitting row 2 four seats in from the left side, where were you at?

Heavy Doody's picture

Wow. Just wow. I don't even know what to say. I just want to make sure each and every member of the band understands how much the SLC fans appreciate you coming to town. Your music truly moves me, and I'll see you perform every chance I get. Thanks for a tremendous show, and the venue was perfect. James worked the place like it was a dive bar, rather than a stadium. Something, I'm sure, we all enjoyed a great deal.

solitaryshell's picture

Where were you sitting chiefsdawg?

solitaryshell's picture

Now that was worth the wait. These guys just get better and better, what a great concert. I think this is the best light show I've seen them have on stage, the lights were sensational and really highlighted the songs very well. What can I say about Mangini? Actually I can't say anything because I am speechless after watching him. You have to see him in action to understand what a freak of nature he is. The hand and arm speed is blinding. What he does with each arm/hand is boggling. Holy crap I think we were all mesmerized during his solo thinking no way. But I saw it, I believe it, and it has to be one of the best drum solos I've ever seen. For those of you who said to skip the solo in the setlist, um, you don't want to skip it.

We got Setlist A, for lack of better words, with Outcry/UAGM. I wanted so bad to get the Breaking all Illusions/encore list but Outcry was actually very good. Some others that I thought were done perfectly were The Great Debate, Endless Sacrifice, The Ytse Jam and Fatal Tragedy. I also thought it was a nice touch on the acoustic tracks of The Silent Man and Beneath the Surface.

All in all, great show. The guys looked great with a lot of energy.

chiefsdawg's picture

All I have to say is WOW what an awesome show

chiefsdawg's picture

@Wingnut1991: yeah well see if we can out do you

chiefsdawg's picture

yeah im leaving my house bout 4 so be there bout 5ish

solitaryshell's picture

Thanks Wingnut. Heading out to go down there right now and hang out a few hours before doors open. Gonna be a kick-ass night. Wooo-hooo!

chiefsdawg's picture

@jeffturner100: dude i was at that show at saltair!! last time i seen them also

Wingnut1991's picture

Dream Theater tonight!

You lucky sons-a-guns!

To all the DT fans in Salt Lake from all the DT fans in LA, enjoy the show!

Our crowd at Nokia Theater pretty much kicked ass, see if you guys can do better!

jeffjdt1970's picture

I cant wait!!! the magic happens tonight! 4th time seeing DT live and I get just as excited everytime. Im not too familiar with Trivium, but who knows, maybe Ill love 'em. The first time I saw DT was on the Awake tour with Fates Warning opening up for them! That was a progressive metal dream.

solitaryshell's picture

I hear ya chiefsdawg. Highly anticipated day is here. I'm heading down the kingsbury around 3:30 to hang out. Gonna be great!

chiefsdawg's picture

We made it sept 30th so let's go enjoy the show..

chiefsdawg's picture

It's 7:50 Utah time Count it down 24 hours 50 minutes till dream theater takes the stage

chiefsdawg's picture

T- minus 2 days and counting 6:15 my check in time for VIP 48 hours....

Devyfan's picture

Very excited for Friday night! DT in SLC!!!

chiefsdawg's picture

down to 3 days..................whoooo hooooooo

chiefsdawg's picture

@YTSE: yeah that would be cool to see him wandering the streets of slc, you definately couldnt miss jordan, i guess you would just have to be in the right place at the right time.....yeah you should take a picture of dream theater lego land

YTSE's picture

[quote=chiefsdawg]@YTSE: dude thats cool what your family did, building DT set from legos and the artwork, nice....[/quote]

Thanks chiefsdawg. They had a lot of fun building it, need to take a pic I guess, they even built an audience with the characters they have left over. Wish I could spend the cash to take them but they are a little too young but they do love DT.

So cool to see Jordan posted to your message chiefsdawg (and this board)! Told all my friends and they thought that was very cool! Very few artists are that personable with their fans. Cant wait to see them only 3.5 days left and counting!! DT is the BEST!

Would be awesome to see Jordan roaming the streets of SLC, that would be a nice surprise.

solitaryshell's picture

We await you guys with great anticipation Jordan. Thanks for being so engaged with the fan base. Very cool.

chiefsdawg's picture

yep, actually 3 and a half days

solitaryshell's picture

chiefsdawg, first concert for me in September 1976 was KISS at Anaheim stadium in SoCal. I was 15 and that is a hell of long time ago...

DoYouWantToDie's picture

4 Days!!!!!!

chiefsdawg's picture

@solitaryshell: since 1976 huh, wow i was two years old then, what was that concert anyways..

chiefsdawg's picture

@YTSE: dude thats cool what your family did, building DT set from legos and the artwork, nice....

chiefsdawg's picture

@Jordan Rudess: cool man, thanks for the reply, its cool when someone from the band chats on your post, but anyways we are all totally excited for dream theater to come play for us, havent seen you since 1994 and you werent even in the band yet. you are an incredible keyboard player to say the least..nice fall weather we are having now, friday is going to be sunny 87 degrees, got VIP ticket so i am excited to say the least....see you friday Jordan....

Jordan Rudess's picture

I look forward to seeing all of you in Salt Lake City! I have not been there for a while.....
Be very cool to play for all our DT friends there. Thanks for the "buzz" you guys!!!

JR

Pages