Skip directly to content

Scenes From A Memory Short Film

• Scenes From A Memory Short Film
    April 18, 2012 - 11:19pm

I'm graduating from the University of Akron in May studying Media Production. For my Senior Honors Project I chose to do a short film based on Scenes From A Memory. It was written, produced, directed, shot, and edited by myself. I shot over 6 days and edited it in another 6. Only the characters of the hypnotherapist and Victoria had any previous acting experience.

I'd love to get feedback from the DT community! This is my first short. I've had countless arguments with friends about the plot line of the album, and I wanted to show my take on it. Making this on my own was extremely difficult and it still has a lot of flaws, but I hope you all enjoy it!

This was completely for education purposes and I am in no way using it for financial gain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDf-GUqToHQ

AKendless's picture
on April 18, 2012 - 11:19pm

I'm graduating from the University of Akron in May studying Media Production. For my Senior Honors Project I chose to do a short film based on Scenes From A Memory. It was written, produced, directed, shot, and edited by myself. I shot over 6 days and edited it in another 6. Only the characters of the hypnotherapist and Victoria had any previous acting experience.

I'd love to get feedback from the DT community! This is my first short. I've had countless arguments with friends about the plot line of the album, and I wanted to show my take on it. Making this on my own was extremely difficult and it still has a lot of flaws, but I hope you all enjoy it!

This was completely for education purposes and I am in no way using it for financial gain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MDf-GUqToHQ

Forum category: 
Ytsejam58's picture

Really well done! a lot better than some of the movie projects I see at high school but... hey, it's high school. I always thought that someone should make a movie or write a story based off of this album. I think I want to try to write a rough draft, a general idea of the story.
I think the lyrics "We'll meet again someday soon" is what Victoria said to Nick saying that we'd meet again because he will die soon. that was my take... but your take also works. That's one of the reasons why i love DT so much because everyone who hears it has a different take on it.

comment's picture

Great job man; really well done! I like the morning routine montage footage.

I thought I'd hear some DT in it, but I guess you have your reasons. You should consider entering the LNF contest if you're not already.

Nikolaev168's picture

Very nice!