Skip directly to content

Seems you forgot about some of your biggest fans.

• Seems you forgot about some of your biggest fans.
    April 18, 2012 - 2:58am

These last two North American tours you've gone almost everywhere BUT Colorado. I just saw the new tour dates today... Three California dates but nothing for Colorado? Have you forgotten about us? I haven't seen you guys since when you came here with Iron Maiden, and I really miss you guys. You guys are some of my biggest inspirations musically. Just wanted to express my concern and let you guys know that we miss you, and just wanted to make sure that you haven't forgotten about us.

BrysonLeach's picture
on April 18, 2012 - 2:58am

These last two North American tours you've gone almost everywhere BUT Colorado. I just saw the new tour dates today... Three California dates but nothing for Colorado? Have you forgotten about us? I haven't seen you guys since when you came here with Iron Maiden, and I really miss you guys. You guys are some of my biggest inspirations musically. Just wanted to express my concern and let you guys know that we miss you, and just wanted to make sure that you haven't forgotten about us.

Forum category: 
DexterTheater's picture

Unfortunately they can't split... I'm so happy they are coming to Argentina. I'm very lucky. I'm going to both shows.

cviens's picture

They've once again bypassed North Carolina as well. If I want to see them I have to travel at least 4 hours, which isn't going to be possible when they come through.

Gunga Din's picture

Yeah. I have no doubt that financially it must be difficult to get everywhere that you'd like to go. I'm sure it plays a massive part in where bands decide to tour.

That was kind of my thinking with my [url=http://www.dreamtheater.net/board_posts/a-tour-idea]Kickstarter[/url] idea. It seems to me that promoters are missing a bit of a trick in not even gauging interest in certain areas. With something like kickstarter, you could get a financial commitment from certain areas before definitively agreeing to go there. You set a financial benchmark for how much it will take for you to visit and work from there. If the fans can't make the required level of financial commitment then they can't really complain if bands don't come.

skildude's picture

It's about economics, unfortunately. Local venues(promoters) can't afford to put DT or other groups in that they aren't sure will sell out. DT had a great response from the cities they are returning to.

If they can't make money the groups won't come. In better financial times, I'm sure DT and other bands will make the trip

Gunga Din's picture

I second that notion! I'd be pumped if they hit Australia for even one concert. Would pretty much fly anywhere in our glorious continent to see them!!

I've been looking into flying internationally to catch them but the only thing that makes me think twice is that I don't know if they will eventually come as part of this tour. I realize the window for them coming after Asia has closed but they did a dedicated Oz/NZ tour last time so I'm hoping that might happen again.

Well, the other thing stopping me is the cost but that's what bank loans are for!! I'm 99% confident that if under the reason for loan section I put "Heavy Metal World Tour" it will go straight through.

Chris Groves1's picture

At least they are playing in America. We Aussies have not had a visit for well over two years and we are still hanging out for some dates from the current "world tour". We have not received any news yet and some of us are thinking of flying overseas to catch the best band in the world in live action.

cygnus's picture

[quote=BrysonLeach]These last two North American tours you've gone almost everywhere BUT Colorado. I just saw the new tour dates today... Three California dates but nothing for Colorado? Have you forgotten about us? I haven't seen you guys since when you came here with Iron Maiden, and I really miss you guys. You guys are some of my biggest inspirations musically. Just wanted to express my concern and let you guys know that we miss you, and just wanted to make sure that you haven't forgotten about us. [/quote]

It's not just Colorado Bryson.

43% of the summer tour dates are REPEAT markets from last fall! Vegas totally skipped yet again, among other cities.

Only 13 dates are in new markets they didn't play last year. [b]13[/b].

Absolutely ridiculous.

DT should be playing at least 20 - 25 markets they didn't play last time around. What is the point of playing 43% of the same markets? A cash grab?