Skip directly to content

So..., what's up?

• So..., what's up?
    June 13, 2013 - 6:42pm

Weather is great here in Mexico, (I like it dark, cloudy and rainy). I'm an english teacher and I'm typing this while waiting for my next class to arrive in about 20 minutes. Had a slice of pizza and a kinda warm coke. Two more hours and I'll be off.
    How about you?

P.S. Oh, and I saw Mike Portnoy and AMOB last night ;)

Jorge Armando's picture
on June 13, 2013 - 6:42pm

Weather is great here in Mexico, (I like it dark, cloudy and rainy). I'm an english teacher and I'm typing this while waiting for my next class to arrive in about 20 minutes. Had a slice of pizza and a kinda warm coke. Two more hours and I'll be off.
How about you?

P.S. Oh, and I saw Mike Portnoy and AMOB last night ;)

Forum category: 
Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: Someone did a great job indeed my friend. Enjoy your weekend!!!

Phrygian Sunshine's picture

@Jorge Armando: The Jones Beach Amphitheater actually had to be rebuilt after Hurricane Sandy last year. A large portion of the stadium area got flooded and the entire stage was lifted off of the foundation and turned. I was curious to see how it would look, but I wouldn't never have known. Someone did some good work on it.

Have a great Friday, my friend!

Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: I really hope Rush comes back to Mexico soon. The time they came to Mexico, they played in a really huge venue, (for 50,000 people), normally used for baseball games. It was a great show to support Vapor Trails.
You're right, the JBA is actually on the water, just saw a few pics of it great place for a Rush gig. Have a good one my friend!!!

@Jorge Armando: The stage of the Jones Beach Amphitheater is actually built out on the water. I've long though it one of the coolest places to see a show, especially on a clear evening. It was definitely a good concert. Hopefully, Rush will return to Mexico some day soon. I'm glad to hear that you liked the blog post. Thank you!

Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: Ha, ha, ha. Great blog my friend and thanks for the mention!!!! The part I really, really enjoyed, though, was the Rush pics. Man you just saw them a couple days ago!!! The last time they came to Mexico, (the only one, for that matter), was, like 10 years ago. What a magnificent show that must have been and in a venue like that, so close to the beach!!!! Good thing you got to be there.
Thanks for sharing mate!!!!

@Jorge Armando: It's here: jayjiiadventures.blogspot.com
Let me know what you think. Cheers!

Jorge Armando's picture

Can you tell me the name of your blog again my friend? It got erased from my PC the last time my niece used it. In the mean time, take care and have an awesome week, my Shakespearean BD mate!!!

@Jorge Armando: The blog piece is up. Hope you think it's cool. Have an amazing day, my friend!

@Jorge Armando: Ah, now I'm going to have to get "The Raven" ready for the stage. The ideas I have for it are pretty big, so this could take a while. Have to create the right setting and all...

Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: Go ahead. I'm ready to waive my "mention me in your blog" fee for you mate, lol!!!
The day you decide to perform a Poe's piece make sure you put up a video as well!!! Take care.

@Jorge Armando: Reading the works of Edgar Allen Poe on the roof top on a starry night? Wow. Jorge, you just impressed me to no end with that mental image. It sounds completely magical. Would you mind if I made mention of it and you at some point on my blog?

Yes, Poe is great. I have a few of his pieces in my repertoire -- "Annabel Lee." "A Dream Within a Dream." I've worked on "The Raven" in the past, but haven't gotten it up to performance level as of yet. There's a cool film on YouTube of Vincent Price performing "The Tell-Tale Heart" as a sort of one-act play. It's quite good, if you should ever get the chance see it. I'd like to do something like that someday...

Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: I bet it is a good job, specially because you get to talk about Shakespeare with somneone who actually understands what you're talking about!!!
Yesterday I bought a really cool Edgar Allan Poe's compilation. I have my chair ready to go up to the roof tonight, (I really enjoy reading Poe up there, don't ask why), and have a couple beers while enjoying The tell tale heart, my personal favourite!!! Hope it stops raining. Have a good one mate!!!

@Jorge Armando: It's a University bus. One of those big ones. It's a pretty cool job on good days.

Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: Lol. What kind of bus do you drive, anyway?

Jorge Armando's picture

@Callahan: Dang it dude. Dang it indeed. Go get a Carlsberg!!!

@Jorge Armando: I'm very focused when I'm behind a wheel. Since I can't leave the seat, I try to use the time as best I can. I do a lot of writing and rehearsing. On days when I drive the bus, I'm actually quite prolific. Ha! :D

Callahan's picture

It's 82 degrees in the living room.

Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: Lol. I can imagine you practicing Shakespeare's Sonnet 18 while behind the wheel!!!

@countess_drummer: Yes, I love to hear about little details like the word "braai." Thank you for sharing!

@Jorge Armando: Thanks Jorge. Yes, a Shakespearean driver! Ha! I actually do a lot of my rehearsing while I'm behind the wheel (no passengers aboard, of course). Father's Day was good. We took our first trip to the beach for the year on Saturday. It was beautiful.

Jorge Armando's picture

@countess_drummer: That sounds great countess. Hope you'd enjoyed your Braai!!!

Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: It is mate!!! So, have a good one!!! Lol. Never thought of you as a bus driver, it's the first time I ever heard about a Shakespearean driver!!! Take care and enjoy your day!!!

countess_drummer's picture

Father's Day tomorrow on Sunday 16th :) We just finished a braai (our word for barbecue in South Africa) :D

Hi Jorge. I didn't know that you're an English teacher. That's pretty cool. I work for a University. I do a lot of data entry. Sometimes I drive a bus. This morning in NY looks sunny so far. It's been raining for the last few days so I'm looking forward to a good weekend. I just finished eating a bowl of Cheerios.

Is tomorrow Father's Day in Mexico?