Skip directly to content

Stockholm concert

• Stockholm concert
    January 18, 2012 - 9:12pm

Hi guys

I'm really looking forward to your concert in Hovet Stockholm. My son Filip, 19, introduced me to your great music. He's also a drummer and looking forward to listen to some great music with his old man;) So I wonder, is it possible in some way to get a backstage pass for the two of us? That would really make his day. (And mine)

Best regards Fredrik

f2000g@telia.com

f2000g's picture
on January 18, 2012 - 9:12pm

Hi guys

I'm really looking forward to your concert in Hovet Stockholm. My son Filip, 19, introduced me to your great music. He's also a drummer and looking forward to listen to some great music with his old man;) So I wonder, is it possible in some way to get a backstage pass for the two of us? That would really make his day. (And mine)

Best regards Fredrik

f2000g@telia.com

Forum category: 
Andreas Cambrand's picture

@Musicman45

You'll probably get your email like tomorrow or something like that. I think that they said that one could expect an email with details and information about five days before the concert.

Musicman45's picture

@Andreas Cambrand:

Hmm, when did you get the message about the M&G? I'm going to see them in Denmark (I live in Sweden) and neither me or my friend have gotten any kind of info for the M&G... And the concert is this friday. Maybe it's time to give them a call?

ft-nagy's picture

hi.
hmm. for me iam happy to get the chanse to see them play live..10meter from me. i come for the music. if i want to talk with them more privat..i take contakt with them and visit them in there home..maybe they drink coffy..hehe
frank.

Oh, I just noticed that it now says "closed" for the Stockholm concert. It seems as if it's now too late to buy a M&G package. The other day I received my information about the M&G schedule so I'm guessing that when that information goes out to the M&G:ers the package is no longer available for purchase.

[b]Edit:[/b] I just found the edit button. Anyhow, I think your best bet is to stick around after the concert, I know that some people have been lucky enough to get to talk to some of the guys as they make their way to their tour bus. I'm assuming the chances of this happening depend on the venue and the logistics though. I think it's going to be hard to get a general "back stage pass" without knowing them personally as other fans had to pay $275 for their M&G tickets but you never know. Good luck! =)

Hi Fredrik,

Nice to see that a fellow swede has found his way to this forum.

I'm also going to the concert this Wednesday and I'm really looking forward to it. I started a thread a while back, dedicated to the upcoming concert in Stockholm but so far I'm the only one who has posted in it, hehe. Here it is: http://www.dreamtheater.net/board_posts/stockholm-sweden-2012-01-25

Anyhow, it is possible to get "back stage" with the guys as they sell "Meet & Greet tickets" for their shows. These M&G tickets gives you a standard ticket (with early access though, you get to enter the arena before those with regular tickets) and also the chance to meet the band before the concert. How this works is we'll each get our picture taken with the band, we'll get a VIP-bag containing some cool stuff like a signed photo, a specially designed concert shirt, a collectible tour poster, a set of Dream Theater guitar picks in a case and a "Dream Theater tour gift item" (I'm not sure what the last thing is). After that we'll line up and we'll get to bring an item of our own to get signed by the guys and while we do this we'll have time to ask them some questions. I think the time we get during the signing depends on how many Meet & Greet:ers there are at the venue.

The only "problem" with these M&G packages is that they also include a ticket to the show and you can't upgrade your regular ticket to one of these unless the M&G packages are sold out (if I recall correctly). It doesn't have to be a problem at all but if you, like me, bought regular tickets with a bunch of friends before finding out about this opportunity you'll end up with an extra ticket, if you decide to go for it. In my case I solved it by inviting a friend over to my place, treating him to a nice dinner and a couple of beers while showing him the drummer audition documentary - [i]The Spirit Carries On[/i]. I then moved on to taking him through [i]A Dramatic Turn of Events[/i], then we watched the 20th anniversary documentary that came with the [i]Score[/i] DVD and finally we watched [i]Score[/i]. It took about six hours and after that he was hooked and asked me if it was still possible to get tickets for the show and I was like; "oh it just so happens to be that I have an extra ticket". Problem solved. ;-)

If you want to purchase M&G tickets you can do so here: http://vipnation.com/programs/dream-theater