Skip directly to content

Strangely not mentioned in the discography section!

• Strangely not mentioned in the discography section!
    September 5, 2012 - 2:19pm

Does anybody know why this aforementioned classic representation of "Dream Theater's" classic tour which lasted over an year not been mentioned as an official release by the band on their official website?

Let me quote something which is written at the back of my Deluxe Collector's Edition Box Set.

"1 Year & 1 Day, 115 Shows, 105 Cities, 35 Countries, 5 Continents, Hundreds of Thousands of Fans . . . 1 Band

Dream Theater's Chaos In Motion World Tour kicked off on June 3rd, 2007 at the Monsters of Rock Festival in Milan, Italy and finished on June 4th, 2008 in San Juan, Puerto Rico."

Invincible Psychotron's picture
on September 5, 2012 - 2:19pm

Does anybody know why this aforementioned classic representation of "Dream Theater's" classic tour which lasted over an year not been mentioned as an official release by the band on their official website?

Let me quote something which is written at the back of my Deluxe Collector's Edition Box Set.

"1 Year & 1 Day, 115 Shows, 105 Cities, 35 Countries, 5 Continents, Hundreds of Thousands of Fans . . . 1 Band

Dream Theater's Chaos In Motion World Tour kicked off on June 3rd, 2007 at the Monsters of Rock Festival in Milan, Italy and finished on June 4th, 2008 in San Juan, Puerto Rico."

Forum category: 
JeffG94110's picture

Interesting question? I don't have the answer, but I noticed in several James LaBrie interviews, he refers to SCORE (rather than CHAOS IN MOTION) as the last Dream Theater live DVD and recording.

I've heard occasional complaints about sound quality here and there, but can't imagine why the band might have "abandoned" it.

It's still the best live versions available of the songs from SYSTEMATIC CHAOS, and I love the version of "Surrounded" with a bit of the solo from "Comfortably Numb" and lyric from "Sugar Mice" woven in by Petrucci and LaBrie.