Skip directly to content

Stuttgart, Germany 15 February 2012

• Stuttgart, Germany 15 February 2012
    February 17, 2012 - 11:29am

JL, JM, JP, JR and MM...

Thank You SO MUCH for the TOTALLY AMAZING show you guys presented in Stuttgart, Germany on Wednesday evening!
    After seeing you here in October 07 during the Chaos in Motion Tour, I was really looking forward to your return...seeing Mike Mangini play and hearing songs from the new CD live.
    This was my wife's first DT concert and she is now as hooked as I am...and she has been talking about you and the show to her colleagues at work!
    Before the concert, one of her colleagues read about you on the internet and was amazed that he had never heard of Dream Theater! After we told him about the show, he keeps asking to borrow my CDs...so now he is hooked as well!!!!
    The musical genius and magic witnessed during your show is beyond anything I imagined and expected...simply beyond compare. You are all absolute masters of your craft and as I watched you play, I could only smile and shake my head in amazement.
    I am thoroughly convinced that the voters that gave YOUR Grammy to the Foo Fighters are in desperate need of a complete awakening of their senses...but the pure musical genius you display is so far beyond and needs not the recognition or validation of a Grammy or any other award.

I am starting to buy the Dream Theater CDs I don't have, so I'll soon own your complete collection.

Thank You again, for the MOST INCREDIBLE concert...we'll be watching and waiting for you to come back...

Take care...safe travels and keep "the long haul" rolling on...

Cheers!
    Steve and Kelly

Spanks's picture
on February 17, 2012 - 11:29am

JL, JM, JP, JR and MM...

Thank You SO MUCH for the TOTALLY AMAZING show you guys presented in Stuttgart, Germany on Wednesday evening!
After seeing you here in October 07 during the Chaos in Motion Tour, I was really looking forward to your return...seeing Mike Mangini play and hearing songs from the new CD live.
This was my wife's first DT concert and she is now as hooked as I am...and she has been talking about you and the show to her colleagues at work!
Before the concert, one of her colleagues read about you on the internet and was amazed that he had never heard of Dream Theater! After we told him about the show, he keeps asking to borrow my CDs...so now he is hooked as well!!!!
The musical genius and magic witnessed during your show is beyond anything I imagined and expected...simply beyond compare. You are all absolute masters of your craft and as I watched you play, I could only smile and shake my head in amazement.
I am thoroughly convinced that the voters that gave YOUR Grammy to the Foo Fighters are in desperate need of a complete awakening of their senses...but the pure musical genius you display is so far beyond and needs not the recognition or validation of a Grammy or any other award.

I am starting to buy the Dream Theater CDs I don't have, so I'll soon own your complete collection.

Thank You again, for the MOST INCREDIBLE concert...we'll be watching and waiting for you to come back...

Take care...safe travels and keep "the long haul" rolling on...

Cheers!
Steve and Kelly

Forum category: 
Spanks's picture

@BlueHeart67: Dear BlueHeart...
Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to respond to me and provide the "how-to" for booking concert meet-greets.
I will most definitely do so when DT comes back here...and also with some other of my favorite bands.
Who knows...maybe we'll run into each other when DT comes back to Germany.
Thank you again and have a great day and week!

Cheers!
Spanks (Steve)

BlueHeart67's picture

@Spanks:

[quote]Don't let age deter you from doing cool things...life is too short to throw away opportunities...just go for it!!!
[/quote]

You´re absolutely right!!!! I won´t be so dump for a second time - I swear!!!

[quote]I will most definitely learn how to book a meet and greet...and when DT comes back I will have my favroite DT cds for them to autograph.[/quote]

I had the special edition-cd of "Adtoe" with me for lettting them sign - missed opportunity....... :(

I booked the meet & greet on "vipnation.com". There where three options for it "only gift-bag", "gift-bag+meeting" and "gift-bag+meeting+ticket". I choosed "gift-bag+meeting".
Because their headquater is in L.A. you have to own a credit-card to pay.
They were really very cool - cause I didn´t attend the m+g, they sent me the gift-bag to my home-adress.

Many greetings
BlueHeart

Spanks's picture

@BlueHeart67:

Just read your comments about "booking the meet and greet".
I always buy concert tickets at a local ticket outlet or via ticketmaster online...I would have LOVED to book a meet and greet with DT...How did you go about this?

I'm 11 years older than you...Jordan Rudess has the same birth year...and as I watched DT's show, I saw lots of people that were older than me or at least looked it.

Don't let age deter you from doing cool things...life is too short to throw away opportunities...just go for it!!!

I will most definitely learn how to book a meet and greet...and when DT comes back I will have my favroite DT cds for them to autograph.

Cheers!

BlueHeart67's picture

To the four J´s and the new M. .....

I came from Bavaria to Stuttgart to see you for the third time in concert (after 1998 in Nuremberg and 2007 in Erlangen).
For this time I´ve planned, that it should be something special and so I booked a meet & greet.

Now I´m back home and don´t know if I should cry, scream or jump out of the window (don´t panic - our flat´s on the ground floor...).
What should I say - I´ve messed up the whole thing and now I´m inconsolable....
At 5:00 p.m. I stood in front of the hall (my hotel in Stuttgart has an underground access to "Hegelsaal") and even heard you
doing your soundcheck. Then I don´t know, what got into me, but I turned round and went back to my hotel room.
Suddenly I´ve had Jordan´s videos in mind, where I watched only very young, male teenagers went to the m & g´s and panic grabbed me. I´ve imagined how it must look like - a 44 year old "grandmother" together with a bunch of teenies round....
So I escaped from this place before anyone could discover me....

Then today I saw the photos of the Stuttgart m&g on "vip nation´s" website and had to realize, that the Stuttgart-fans where not so much younger than me - even elder....and I thought to myself "how stupid could I be to let burst my dream so thoughtless?"

But who cares - I can not undo this - can´t turn back time. Only wait for the next concert nearby my hometown to get a second chance.....

But the concert itself could compansate the missing for two hours. I had a place in the front row - left of the stage in the front of the speakers (my ears are still ringing ;-). For me it was the best DT-concert so far!!!!

Hope to see you all again in another time and space....

Love
BlueHeart67