Skip directly to content

Thoughts on the Anaheim show.

• Thoughts on the Anaheim show.
    December 3, 2011 - 9:02am

Just got home from the show at The Grove in Anaheim. It was a great show as usual. I really appreciate the guys adding these shows before heading south. Even though the set list almost identicle to the Nokia show back in September, it was still an awesome show. I got a kick out of James introducing the band as Dinner Theater in reference to venue. On correction he mentioned that they hadn't played there since '93, it was actually March 9th 2006. I'm sure its much easier for me to remember the dozen shows I've seen, than for him to remember one of thousands he's performed, so I guess I'll cut him some slack.

Thanks again guys for another incredible show.

Wingnut1991's picture
on December 3, 2011 - 9:02am

Just got home from the show at The Grove in Anaheim. It was a great show as usual. I really appreciate the guys adding these shows before heading south. Even though the set list almost identicle to the Nokia show back in September, it was still an awesome show. I got a kick out of James introducing the band as Dinner Theater in reference to venue. On correction he mentioned that they hadn't played there since '93, it was actually March 9th 2006. I'm sure its much easier for me to remember the dozen shows I've seen, than for him to remember one of thousands he's performed, so I guess I'll cut him some slack.

Thanks again guys for another incredible show.

Forum category: 
tj6966grtlvr's picture

Don't get me wrong...I would watch DT play in an alley with a hat laid out on the ground for coin...but did the in house video production at the groove seem amateur to anyone else at the show? Dont

bobs23's picture

It was a blown tweeter in the PA

pictureday's picture

Concert was amazing as expected. I also went to the San Diego show and thought that the sound was much better in Anaheim. Andy Mckee was great and I think his music was really appreciated. It probably helped that his last song segued into Change of Seasons which sounded awesome. The only issue with Anaheim was that half way through their set, there was feedback and it never went away. I think it was coming from Jordan's equipment. Other than that, the night was awesome!!!!

Wingnut1991's picture

Close enough I guess.

bobs23's picture

It was actually the Galaxy in 97