Skip directly to content

Too expensive!

• Too expensive!
    April 24, 2012 - 4:14pm

I got excited to see that you would in San Francisco which is only about 1 1/2 hours from my house. Looking forward to seeing the new music performed as well as Mr. Mangini in the mix now. I went online to get tix, and to my shock and dismay I found out I would need over $200 for two people to come see you guys!? Don't get me wrong you guys are great but unless it's a daylong event there is no way I would ever pay that kind of $$$$$ to see someone live. It's unfortunate that you have alienated many of your fans by allowing the tickets to be priced to ridiculously high.

erik1025's picture
on April 24, 2012 - 4:14pm

I got excited to see that you would in San Francisco which is only about 1 1/2 hours from my house. Looking forward to seeing the new music performed as well as Mr. Mangini in the mix now. I went online to get tix, and to my shock and dismay I found out I would need over $200 for two people to come see you guys!? Don't get me wrong you guys are great but unless it's a daylong event there is no way I would ever pay that kind of $$$$$ to see someone live. It's unfortunate that you have alienated many of your fans by allowing the tickets to be priced to ridiculously high.

Forum category: 
JeffG94110's picture

Wow. Not sure where you looked but the Warfield's Box Office online sold me mine for $49.50, and I was on the floor, about 10 feet away from John Petrucci! For $62.50 I could have reserved a seat at one of the tables just off the floor, but I can't imagine sitting down during a DT show.

Kudos to DexterTheater--paying with blood is indeed a bargain for Dream Theater.

I actually ponied up about $350 and did a meet and greet a few years ago (before my wife lost her job for several years, etc.), and it was well worth the money. I would do it again in a second, if I still had the extra money!

DexterTheater's picture

You should pay with blood if you must. It's Dream Theater.

erikbojerik's picture

Floor seats for the Washington DC show were $72 each through Live Nation. A very good deal IMO.

Equivalent seats for Rush at Bristow VA are going for $153....

Psygnosis99's picture

You found a scam site. Before the Austin tickets went on sale, several scam sites were selling for $150-$400 a ticket. The actual venue charges $35-$65, which is a great price for the most talented band of all time.

comment's picture

[quote=erik1025]I got excited to see that you would in San Francisco which is only about 1 1/2 hours from my house. Looking forward to seeing the new music performed as well as Mr. Mangini in the mix now. I went online to get tix, and to my shock and dismay I found out I would need over $200 for two people to come see you guys!? Don't get me wrong you guys are great but unless it's a daylong event there is no way I would ever pay that kind of $$$$$ to see someone live. It's unfortunate that you have alienated many of your fans by allowing the tickets to be priced to ridiculously high. [/quote]

Have you seen them there before; I mean is that normal for that venue? I'm assuming regular seats without extras right?

Frostbitez's picture

dont know where you found your prices, but on http://www.axs.com/los-angeles-ca/music-events/dream-theater-2012july01-... the price range $49.50-$62.50 and that is in my opinion not expensive