Skip directly to content

Toronto Massey Hall Show

• Toronto Massey Hall Show
    September 29, 2011 - 6:04am

Usually when DT plays Toronto they play a Rush Cover during their encore; What are your inputs
    Personally id like to hear La Villa Strangiato or 2112

SLAYERALLIN's picture
on September 29, 2011 - 6:04am

Usually when DT plays Toronto they play a Rush Cover during their encore; What are your inputs
Personally id like to hear La Villa Strangiato or 2112

Forum category: 
N.A.D.S.'s picture

Hey man.....no it wasn't me. Glad you liked them. I was very thankful that I was allowed to get a pass. The DT team seems to never forget where they came from. No waivers to sign, not BS, no ownership rights requests. Just a classy organization.

DTfan1990's picture

[quote=N.A.D.S.]It was a fantastic show! I was lucky enough to have a photo pass. Pics will be posted below.
James sounded fantastic! The band was totally on fire.
Funny story. Went to pick up my photo pass, and an older lady was picking up her tickets with another older woman. She asked the box office person, "...and what time is Mr. Labrie expected on stage?". I chuckled...."Mr Labrie?". She turned and smiled. Later, James announced his mother was there. That must have been her in front of me.
Anyway, here are some pics.
[url=http://pictureperfectphotography6706.zenfolio.com/p371474843]Massey Hall[/url][/quote]

Dude those pics are amazing! I'm not sure if it was you, but I went up to one of the people taking the "legal" pics and asked said, "Oh man I brought my camera and I'm not even allowed to use it!". I really wanted to see these pics that were being taken...and here they are! Thanks for sharing.

N.A.D.S.'s picture

It was a fantastic show! I was lucky enough to have a photo pass. Pics will be posted below.

James sounded fantastic! The band was totally on fire.

Funny story. Went to pick up my photo pass, and an older lady was picking up her tickets with another older woman. She asked the box office person, "...and what time is Mr. Labrie expected on stage?". I chuckled...."Mr Labrie?". She turned and smiled. Later, James announced his mother was there. That must have been her in front of me.

Anyway, here are some pics.

[url=http://pictureperfectphotography6706.zenfolio.com/p371474843]Massey Hall[/url]

DTfan1990's picture

Also after the first ending, I love how mangini looked at the crowd and was like "wow!", like he didn't expect such a strong reaction in T.O xD

DTfan1990's picture

Lol yeah everyone took out their cams whenn they group bowed. Yeah we had almost the whole album. I don't care much for this is the life so, yea. Amazing show. Can't believe they play ytsejam. I was almost in tears when it start, was so happy.

pigebear's picture

[b]Why No Cameras!!!!!!!!!! I understand no flash . [/b]

DTfanfromcanada's picture

@DTfan1990: They had to do one off images and words.... i can't say i was disappointed with UAGM (great solo), but it would have been cooler to hear Wait for Sleep/ Learning to Live at the end of the set. At least we had Breaking All Illusions - I was extremely happy that they played both Outcry and Breaking all Illusions, we looked destined for the Outcry set.

DTfan1990's picture

[quote=ytsejam]This show just kicked ass. I seen DT about 15 times and this by far was the best show they have done. From the production to the sound it was just an incredible night. And Mike Mangini was a beast,well the whole band was on fire. I only hope that the band hit's T.O. again on another leg of this tour. Plus we got Outcry & B.A.I. Just a wicked show.[/quote]

Yeah the show was amazing but the encore was such a disappointed

ytsejam's picture

This show just kicked ass. I seen DT about 15 times and this by far was the best show they have done. From the production to the sound it was just an incredible night. And Mike Mangini was a beast,well the whole band was on fire. I only hope that the band hit's T.O. again on another leg of this tour. Plus we got Outcry & B.A.I. Just a wicked show.

Swerdz's picture

This is going to be the LONGEST work day of my life.

ytsejam's picture

Dream Theater tomorrow night at the legendary Massey Hall. This show is going to be EPIC!!!!!!!

Swerdz's picture

I would also love to see them cover subdivisions.

Looks like we are getting the Outcry set.... and I couldn't be happier. My favorite song off the album. Also Silent Man is in that set as well, which I havent heard live yet.

Thursday can't come fast enough!!!

DTfanfromcanada's picture

THEY NEED TO PLAY BREAKING ALL ILLUSIONS!!!! OCTOBER 6TH!!! as for a rush cover, I saw them in '09 play the camera eye and it was unbelievable. I'd love to hear La Villa Strangiato. Great tune and they could make it sound great :)

CentiZen's picture

If they would play Subdivisions... my life would be complete. Easily my all time favorite rush song.

Geddy Petrucci's picture

NATURAL SCIENCE

solitaryshell's picture

Yeah I was trying to be humorous. There is no doubt DT can play anything that they want to.

Swerdz's picture

Can't wait for this show!

Hoping to hear Outcry in the set.

SLAYERALLIN's picture

Oh and reference
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/1998/the-chance-poughkeepsie...
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/1998/irving-plaza-new-york-n...
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/1998/toads-place-new-haven-c...
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/dream-theater/1998/electric-factory-philad...

And as for 2112...... DT covers Metallica and iron Maiden lol, but they add in the keyboards, which makes it sound great.

Most of the songs DT has covered in the past do not meet your specifications you have mentioned, but they still find a way to cover them.

The last time I saw DT they covered the camera eye and you are right, great choice. It was one of the highlights of the show

solitaryshell's picture

Oh and reference La Villa Strangiato, can't have James sitting around either. :)

solitaryshell's picture

You'd have to have a song with keyboards. Can't have Jordan sitting during the encore can we? While I won't be in Toronto, I think something like The Camera Eye would be good. Maybe Subdivisions.