Skip directly to content

The Ultimate Show

• The Ultimate Show
    April 7, 2012 - 4:02am

A profitable and history making suggestion. DT should do something no one would expect!

Dear DT,

DT and Flying Colors haven't announced tour dates so I'm going to suggest a way that both bands could have one really prosperous gig, mend fences, blow peoples minds and help the fans.

FC opens for DT. That's right! A dramatic turn of events that passes with flying colors! FC opens and after they finish their set, MM comes out for a drum solo jam together with MP. At the end of the jam, the rest of DT take the stage and transition to a 20th Anniv Medley Tribute to Images and Words. During this Medley DT honors MP's 25 years and MP honors MM by welcoming him and "passing the baton". DT then does their set and afterward FC takes the stage with them. Both bands cover a prog epic together from a classic band like Rush or Yes. Better yet they perform a new prog creation: Dream Colors or Flying Theater. DT and FC perform an original, the mother of prog epics. I know it's a dream but, you are DREAM Theater and the only thing that can stand in your way are contracts, lawyers, management, egos and an aversion to psychological pain. Still it would be very cool from this fan's perspective, especially when you broadcast live to select theater's so more fans could afford and attend. :D It's a monumental idea even if all these details I've outlined don't happen.

Unity from division, honor from dishonor and it would be good for the fans. A moment for grace and forgiveness.

Sincerely a good idea,

comment

PS. Enjoy your Passover and Resurrection Sunday DT! :)

comment's picture
on April 7, 2012 - 4:02am

A profitable and history making suggestion. DT should do something no one would expect!

Dear DT,

DT and Flying Colors haven't announced tour dates so I'm going to suggest a way that both bands could have one really prosperous gig, mend fences, blow peoples minds and help the fans.

FC opens for DT. That's right! A dramatic turn of events that passes with flying colors! FC opens and after they finish their set, MM comes out for a drum solo jam together with MP. At the end of the jam, the rest of DT take the stage and transition to a 20th Anniv Medley Tribute to Images and Words. During this Medley DT honors MP's 25 years and MP honors MM by welcoming him and "passing the baton". DT then does their set and afterward FC takes the stage with them. Both bands cover a prog epic together from a classic band like Rush or Yes. Better yet they perform a new prog creation: Dream Colors or Flying Theater. DT and FC perform an original, the mother of prog epics. I know it's a dream but, you are DREAM Theater and the only thing that can stand in your way are contracts, lawyers, management, egos and an aversion to psychological pain. Still it would be very cool from this fan's perspective, especially when you broadcast live to select theater's so more fans could afford and attend. :D It's a monumental idea even if all these details I've outlined don't happen.

Unity from division, honor from dishonor and it would be good for the fans. A moment for grace and forgiveness.

Sincerely a good idea,

comment

PS. Enjoy your Passover and Resurrection Sunday DT! :)

Forum category: 
ZacharyRyl's picture

I feel like Kevin Moore would once again refuse to show up but otherwise another past member extravaganza would probably be welcomed by fans. (See When Dream and Day Reunite)

That said I would love to see the fences mended someday between Portnoy and Dream Theater, we can hope.

comment's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: Now that would be awesome! The other day I was thinking about a gig that would include the former members. The 30th Ann, that's a great idea.

It was fun, but I know I went just a little over the top in a moment of inspiration. :D Yours is definitely more realistic; hopefully they'll be able to pull it off.

Cheers!

Phrygian Sunshine's picture

The Ultimate Show? What if they could arrange a family reunion concert to celebrate their 30th anniversary? All members of Dream Theater, past and present, together on stage for a one-night epic jam:

John Petrucci
James LaBrie
John Myung
Jordan Rudess
Mike Mangini
Mike Portnoy
Derek Sherinian
Kevin Moore
Charlie Dominici

The cameras would have to roll for an event like that...