Skip directly to content

Vancouver, Canada Sept 28/11

• Vancouver, Canada Sept 28/11
    September 28, 2011 - 5:42pm

Really psyched about tonight's show at the QE Theatre in Vancouver. I've heard nothing but great reviews, and although I love that they're playing 4-5 songs from the new album, I wish they'd throw a couple more older classics in the set. Also, would be great to hear Count of Tuscany in the encore, but I understand it may be Pull Me Under instead. Too bad they aren't playing anything from BC&SL, SC or FII. Can't wait to hear Bridges in the Sky to open the show and to see Mangini behind the kit. Should be awesome. Welcome to Canada DT!

Canuck's picture
on September 28, 2011 - 5:42pm

Really psyched about tonight's show at the QE Theatre in Vancouver. I've heard nothing but great reviews, and although I love that they're playing 4-5 songs from the new album, I wish they'd throw a couple more older classics in the set. Also, would be great to hear Count of Tuscany in the encore, but I understand it may be Pull Me Under instead. Too bad they aren't playing anything from BC&SL, SC or FII. Can't wait to hear Bridges in the Sky to open the show and to see Mangini behind the kit. Should be awesome. Welcome to Canada DT!

Forum category: 
Scooterfruit's picture

Fantastic show last night. Absolutely incredible. James LaBrie was damn near perfect. Caught in a Web was FLAWLESS. Everyone was just on. Such a great show! True inspirations!

lindairvine's picture

Flawless show in Vancouver last night. I've never seen the band live before, and I am firmly convinced they are a band one must see live - more than once. Petrucci is utterly phenomenal - transportive in fact - his playing brought tears to my eyes more than once. Jordan Rudess was truly the wizard he is - jaw-dropping performance throughout. The energy of these guys has to be experienced to be believed - this isn't sitting and listening to some live tracks - this is an experience devised by master musicians - an experience so intense it feels physically painful to be separated from the soundwomb created by their performances - individually, and as a unit. Absolute perfection. I can't wait until they return.

Canuck's picture

Excellent show last night in Vancouver, Trivium opened for DT, and I thought they rocked. A little disappointed with the crowd participation though, seemed reserved. Once the show started and DT broke into Bridges in the Sky, my wife and I went to the front of the stage, what a thrill! But then after a couple of minutes the security guy came by and told us to get back to our seats (row 15). That sort of sucked because it's a rock concert and we were enthusistic. Also, a little ticked off at the local media regarding this show. They didn't give a very good preview, even saying that the Kings of Leon show (playing the same time down the street) was probably a better option. WTF? Then this morning, no review in the papers. The media sucks. But the show itself was awesome, they sounded amazing. Mangini did a great drum solo, loved hearing the new songs, and classics such as: The Great Debate, Caught in a Web and Endless Sacrifice. I can't wait to see them again, I love this band and have so much respect for them.