Skip directly to content

What are you guys listening to right now?

• What are you guys listening to right now?
    June 29, 2013 - 3:54pm

I am listening to Tool´s 10,000 days. I bet you guys know this band and have heard this amazing album. I'm listening to "The Pot", the 5th song. How 'bout you?

Jorge Armando's picture
on June 29, 2013 - 3:54pm

I am listening to Tool´s 10,000 days. I bet you guys know this band and have heard this amazing album. I'm listening to "The Pot", the 5th song. How 'bout you?

Forum category: 
ThatOneGuy2112's picture

Well if Eric Clapton contributed, that would be simply amazing lol but no worries and yes, Eric Clayton does contribute as the voice of "Reason". I've also heard good things about the Ayreon album "Into the Electric Castle" as well, so I might give that a listen. Take care mate!

Jorge Armando's picture

I mean Eric Clayton. Damn you stupid fingers.

Jorge Armando's picture

@ThatOneGuy2112: Dang it. Sorry!!! I meant the new Sabbath's material, (that's what we were talking about in the first place, right?), don't know what got into me 'cause suddenly I mentioned Deep Purple. Anyway, they also released something this year and I happen to enjoy it immensely. Ha. Maybe I just wanted to bring this one up.
I still don't have any Sabbath's favorites yet, still working on that. But you're right and I agree, Age of Reason is just mighty.
And now, about Ayreon. You are the second person who's mentioned this band to me, besides of another friend about a year ago. I usually take recommendations on "non comercially famous bands" seriously. You made me think of this band again and I'm definitely buying "Human Equation" as my introductory cd to this band. I did a little research on this group and yes, LaBrie does vocals for "Me", that's great, also, is it true that Eric Clapton also made a contribution for this album? If so, well, I'm sold.
This double cd is pretty expensive, though, 50-something bucks or so for the imported version. F it, I've already ordered it; as far as I know, this happens to be a concept album and I love concept work, (a comma and being locked inside your own mind?, man, count me in). Let's see what happens.
And hey, I agree. Operation Mindcrime is a thing of beauty. Bravo...!!!
Take care mate...

ThatOneGuy2112's picture

@Jorge Armando: No problem man. And fun-fact: James LaBrie so happens to provide vocals for the character "Me" in that one and I think he does a great job.
As for the new Sabbath album, like what's been said already, it definitely brings back that classic Sabbath vibe and maybe it's a tad self-aware, but hey I really dig it. God Is Dead? is still a great one, Age of Reason has this kick-ass riff and solo, and Damaged Soul is all around amazing and bluesy.

Oh and when it comes to music that I've already heard but listen to anyways on a constant basis (or perhaps this is just my excuse for wanting to bring it up), there's always Queensryche's Operation: Mindcrime. What a masterpiece.

Jorge Armando's picture

@ThatOneGuy2112: Same here mate. Still absorbing the new Purple's material. I'm gonna look into that Ayreon's album you mentioned. Thanks for the tip!!!

ThatOneGuy2112's picture

Currently, like probably a lot of others, I'm giving the new Black Sabbath album a good listen. Some songs needed some time to grow on me but I like this one a lot. Other than that, I gave Ayreon's album The Human Equation a listen and it's great. I would definitely recommend it.

Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: Enjoy your vacations my friend. Hope you get to do that trail expedition you had planned!!! Take care and see ya.

Phrygian Sunshine's picture

@Jorge Armando: Hi Jorge. Well, tomorrow I'm on a vacation. I'll catch up with you when I return.
Have a great few days!

And a Happy 4th of July to all!

@Jorge Armando: Yes, I listened to the samples a few more times and it's sounding good to me. I think I'll go purchase it now. Thanks Jorge!

Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: It's growing on me now. I listened to it last night in my room, lights dimmed down, almost out, while sipping on a beer, (I'm gonna try listening to it on my roof top at night!!!!). I must say I enjoyed it that way. So far, so good, I must say.
Have a great tuesday my friend!!!

@Jorge Armando: Yes, exactly. Let me know how you like it after a few listens.

Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: Just bought it yesterday. Haven't quite absorbed it yet :)

Jorge Armando's picture

@Callahan: You mean the one that's been bashed around big time? Is it really good? ;)

@Jorge Armando: It definitely has the Sabbath sound. I'm going to give the previews a few more listens to see how the songs grow on me. Have you heard the new one?

Callahan's picture

Really digging the new (real) Queensryche album!

Jorge Armando's picture

@Phrygian Sunshine: OK!!! So, it's been 2 hours already my friend. How do you feel about it?

As I'm typing this, I'm on iTunes running the previews from the new Black Sabbath album. This is my first time hearing it, so I'm not too sure how I feel about it yet.