Skip directly to content

what kind of equipment do you have

• what kind of equipment do you have
    September 25, 2011 - 5:34am

what do you play and what type of stuff do you have I have two carvin six string basses and a carvin 500 watt amp and 4x10 cab on wheels

kenny-c's picture
on September 25, 2011 - 5:34am

what do you play and what type of stuff do you have I have two carvin six string basses and a carvin 500 watt amp and 4x10 cab on wheels

Forum category: 
comment's picture

Percussion... basically I hit everything except real drums because I don't own any...yet.

Tanax's picture

alembicjacko's picture

I play bass.
Currently use three five string alembics on stage - an epic, a balance k and a fretless rogue.
My rig changes from time to time but at the mo I'm using a fender tbp1 preamp, qsc power amp and a pair of EBS neo212 cabs. i can swap in either an ampeg or alembic pre and I also have an EBS neo410. Pedals are mainly EBS - multidrive, HiQ and chorus.
My practice room is home to a customised fender precision (with ricky pups etc), my own fretless 4 and a kelly dragonfly fretless 5. practice amp is a marshall 3530 silver jubilee 300w head into the aforementioned 410. Sounds great.

KirksNoseHair_2's picture

Never mind

KirksNoseHair_2's picture

God, this board software is, um, less than good....

My equipment can be seen here: [url=http://http://www.theanabasisproject.com/AboutTheANABASIS/OurEquipment.a... Stuff[/url]

sixxstring54's picture

@sixxstring54: revision : I sold the ec-1000 vb to get a ec-1000 fr
The BCRICH BICH is probably a 1981-82 model, the serial #'s were four years ahead.

Soulfire's picture

[quote=Frantiqdrummer]A Sonor 3007 blue fade with 2x20" kicks, 8",10",12",13",14",16" Toms (all hanging), 14" snare, Axis Longboards, Gibraltar rack and hardware and Paiste Alpha 14"HH, Paiste Sound Formula 14"HH, Paiste 17" + 18" Rock Crash, Stagg 8" Splash and 10" china, Paiste 302 12" Splash, Paiste Sound Formula 18" China and a real vintage Pearl 22" Rock Ride...all Remo Heads and VicFirth 5A Nylon Tip sticks....

[/quote]

Holy s*** dude, nice setup! You got youtube vids or pics somewhere?

Frantiqdrummer's picture

A Sonor 3007 blue fade with 2x20" kicks, 8",10",12",13",14",16" Toms (all hanging), 14" snare, Axis Longboards, Gibraltar rack and hardware and Paiste Alpha 14"HH, Paiste Sound Formula 14"HH, Paiste 17" + 18" Rock Crash, Stagg 8" Splash and 10" china, Paiste 302 12" Splash, Paiste Sound Formula 18" China and a real vintage Pearl 22" Rock Ride...all Remo Heads and VicFirth 5A Nylon Tip sticks....

Crash_of_Doom's picture

Oh, forgot to add the heads i use! (can't seem to edit my post here on work)

Toms batter side: Remo Clear Emperors
Toms reso side: Stock heads (single ply Osan heads)

Bass batter side: Evans Clear G2 with Remo Muff'ler
Bass reso side: Stock head with porthole

Main snare batter side: Remo Coated CS (black dot)
Main snare reso side: Stock head

Aux snare batter side: Aquarian Satin Finish Texture Coated with dot
Aux snare reso side: Remo Ambassador snare side

Crash_of_Doom's picture

What, no drummers here?!

I drum and i use the following:

Drums:
Osan Runner (cheap mahogany kit)
8x8, 10x9, 12x10, 14x12 Toms
22x16 Bass
14x5 Osan Rockstar Maple snare (main)
14x4 Osan Rockstar Maple Picollo snare (aux)
14x5.5 Steel snare (don't use this one)

Tama Iron Cobra Power Glide Double Pedal

Various hardware from diffirent brands

Cymbals:
Zildjian A 14" New Beat Hi-Hat
Zildjian A 16" Medium Thin Crash
Zildjian FX 18" Oriental Crash of Doom
Zildjian A 18" Medium Thin Crash
Zildjian A 21" Sweet Ride

I have an 18" Meinl Classics Powerful Crash and a Meinl Classics 10" Mini Hi-Hat too, but i don't use them anymore. Guess i will try to sell them, or trade them in for a china.

Anyway, set my eyes on an Alesis DM8 USB electric kit as well, to practice more silent at home (long live appartments....)

kenny-c's picture

@Lightweight: fuck-em crank it my neighbors like hearing me play I have heard them talking about me playing gotta love it loud oh I live in a condo you should hear my bass amp on 3 I can't stand being in the same room

likeablecoffeeguy's picture

RBXJM2 :o
Ibanez Bass Tube Screamer
Alesis Quadraverb
Boss Chorus
Fender Bassman 250

Lightweight's picture

Living in an appartment, the only equipment I can have is any digital amp allowing headphones. I currently use a Line 6 UX1 with Pod Farm for patches/presets.

Guitar wise I own a 200$ Meeehican Fender Strat. The guitar I'm playing mainly is a Ibanez Prestige 2820 Limited Edition:

[img]http://home.planet.nl/~doele045/RG2820/2820a.jpg[/img]

It's got an Edge Pro trem (which is a pain) and some stock Dimarzio pickups. Been thinking of switching those for more Petrucci-like pickups like Liquifire.

stratcat's picture

Way too much!!!
A couple of strats, a Lp, an Rg, a big jazz box, a cheap jazz bass and the ubiquitous steel string acoustic.
I run them through some sweet pedals (a couple keely modded) and into a pair of Fender amps.

So yes, way too much gear.lol.

Keysman's picture

Im a keyboard player and I have simple equipment like a Yamaha NP30 Piano and a Roland Juno-D.
Im not really a techhead when it comes to equipment but I strongly believe that all the best gear in the world isnt going to make you a better player,practice will.

Ad134's picture

One of these: http://uk.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-guit... (Yamaha Pacifica 112V, Old Violin Sunburst)

And one of these: http://www.roland.co.uk/products/productdetails.aspx?p=821 (Roland CUBE 20x amp)

Haven't been playing for too long, you see...

sixxstring54's picture

I have a Line 6 hd100 mk2 head, and two l6 4x12 cabs. I also have a Roland GR-33. I have a fender champion (coolest of the little tube amps!!!).
Guitar wise I have two ESP LTD EC-1000's one stbc with a gk2a pickup and the other vb. I have a 1984 Japan made BC RICH BICH, modified with sperzel locking tuners, and emg's Zak Wylde set. I have a cherry Epiphone steel string electric/acoustic, and an electric/acoustic nylon string. I also have an Epiphone custom LP, with EMG's.
I have an Ibanez 5 string bass.

I record with a line 6 ux1, and Adobe Audition.

Jedizen07's picture

Stuff that works-haha!

Fresh Maverick's picture

I play saxophone. Yeah lol

weezul's picture

[img]http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/224570_10150743320260431_...
ghetto home setup.. there's a row of guitars to the right. Believe it or not working from this home station has got my mixes on National radio so don't knock it ;)

and this is the studio I work at:
[img]http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/294870_244648432241998_10...

happy times :)

Soulfire's picture

M-Audio Keystation 88es - Yamaha CLP-220 - Rock Band 3 Keytar - Jackson DR-7 7 String - Jackson Outcaster OC-1 - Squier Strat - Yamaha G35-II - Alesis DM10 2011 Studio Kit - Behringer V-Amp2 - Korg NanoKontrol - Acoustica Mixcraft 5 - Sony ACID Pro 6 - Stylophone - Lexicon Lambda - 1000+ VSTis - Peavey Envoy 110 - Realistic MPA 20 Amplifier - 2x Panasonic 85w Hi-Fi Speakers

Taken straight from my sig on JR forums. I've got guitar, keys, drums and recording gear there. In case ur wondering, the Rock Band keytar is just there for lolz to pull out during a gig :P

Signatus's picture

Les Paul Custom, Jackson Concept JDR 94, Laney Amp, Compressor/Sustain, Noise Reduction, a V-Wha (what a pedal!), and a Booster that was handmade by a friend of mine.

Oh, almost forgot, XP-50 keyboard, and a laptop with a lot of VSTI´s.

All of this, perfect for a good classic rock cover band: mine!!! lol

Ilaria's picture

I have an Ibanez RG270 and a Line6 Spider VI...I hope to purchase a new guitar soon...and maybe a new amp too :)

The Forsaken's picture

I've got a ESP LTD guitar, blood red/cherry colour, my daughter has a Ibanez Xiphos guitar and we share two amps between us, the biggy which stays at home is a Peavey and the little traveller is a Roland Micro Cube.

Awake79's picture

Too much equioment! lol! I have a bunch of guitars, but I have three Washburn N4s that are my mainstays. Then I have a Mesa Boogie Roadster and a Mesa Boogie Blue Angel. A few pedals here and there, and a Line 6 pedal board. All in all, I have more than I need.