Skip directly to content

When do Dallas (Verizon Theater "Grand Prairie") tickets go on sale?

• When do Dallas (Verizon Theater "Grand Prairie") tickets go on sale?
    April 24, 2012 - 7:44pm

This puzzles me some what, since I can find tickets for shows, after the July 9, 2012 show. Has the Grand Prairie show been cancelled, or have tickets not been released for sale yet? Anyone what to jump in and guess, or let me know? The Austin show seems to be in the same boat, as I can't find tickets for that show either. Things that make you go...Ummm.

Crawford Glissadevil's picture
on April 24, 2012 - 7:44pm

This puzzles me some what, since I can find tickets for shows, after the July 9, 2012 show. Has the Grand Prairie show been cancelled, or have tickets not been released for sale yet? Anyone what to jump in and guess, or let me know? The Austin show seems to be in the same boat, as I can't find tickets for that show either. Things that make you go...Ummm.

Forum category: 
kobiciera's picture

No problem. :) Good Luck!

jtielli's picture

good to know; thank you again for sharing :-)

kobiciera's picture

I get emails for Verizon Theatre Events and other venues in the DFW area. It's rather odd that I would get it from them first but oh well, I'll take it. :)

jtielli's picture

oh you're amazing!! are you on an email list or in a fan club? is that how you got the code?

kobiciera's picture

Ok folks, I just got the info....the presale is tomorrow and the code is TURN.

Obryn's picture

Just got this e-mail from Verizon Theater:
[img]http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h384/Obyran/dtps.png[/img]

SWEET!

jtielli's picture

for sure, luanne; best of luck!!

kobi - i hear ya. these tickets are my 30th birthday present to myself, and i miss the days of general admission DT shows. all you had to do to be on the rail was wait 8 hours outside the venue before the doors opened ;-)

luanneadams's picture

@jtielli: Thank you so very much. My family and I have been saving up for a while with the funds earmarked for a Meet & Greet. I was truly stressing out with no info other than what is on DT's website. This M&G is on my Bucket List!!!! Thank you again

kobiciera's picture

Oh come on now, have faith. :) It appears that no one knows the password because it still shows a full house of seats available. And the tickets are not that expensive unless you get VIP.

jtielli's picture

so if we want close seats, we either have to be in the know or shell out $200 per ticket. gotta love it.

kobiciera's picture

Yeah, I haven't run across any presale code info either and there is a presale going on right now for the Dallas show.

jtielli's picture

the presale idea frustrates the crap out of me - where are we supposed to get the password? all i can ever find are websites stating you can buy them; that seems ridiculous.

btw anyone still looking for the austin show, here you go!

http://acl-live.com/calendar/2012/7/dream-theater-2012

kobiciera's picture

I don't like not knowing where I'll be sitting until I get there so I'm passing on the VIP packages. Hopefully I will still be able to get good seats. :)

kobiciera's picture

Oh BTW, the VIP packages go onsale Thursday am, in case you didn't already know that. :)

kobiciera's picture

Will do!

Obryn's picture

I cant wait to buy my tickets! The last show was unbelievable!

luanneadams's picture

@kobiciera: Hey, if you hear anything let me know and I'll do the same.

kobiciera's picture

Cool! I see that the concert is going on sale to the public on Friday. Still haven't found out anything about a presale though. :(

luanneadams's picture

@kobiciera: I posted on the blog concerning Austi, but Dallas is the same. I contacted VIPNation (we are buying Meet & Greet) and was told they are working on some details and will post all soon. It made me feel better - I hope it does you as well!!!!

kobiciera's picture

I have been wondering the same thing myself....can't seem to find it anywhere.