Skip directly to content

Which set do you prefer? (spoiler alert)

• Which set do you prefer? (spoiler alert)
    October 2, 2011 - 4:31pm

Looks like the boys are going out with 2 sets for this leg of the tour... which would you rather see:

Set 1:

Bridges in the Sky
    These Walls
    Build Me Up, Break Me Down
    Endless Sacrifice
    Drum Solo
    The Ytse Jam
    The Silent Man
    Beneath the Surface

The Great Debate
    On the Backs of Angels
    Forsaken
    Through My Words
    Fatal Tragedy
    Outcry
    Encore:
    Under a Glass Moon

Set 2:

Bridges in the Sky
    These Walls
    Endless Sacrifice
    Drum Solo
    The Ytse Jam
    Wait for Sleep
    Far From Heaven

The Great Debate
    On the Backs of Angels
    Caught In A Web
    Through My Words
    Fatal Tragedy
    Breaking All Illusions
    Encore:
    Pull Me Under

drop2d's picture
on October 2, 2011 - 4:31pm

Looks like the boys are going out with 2 sets for this leg of the tour... which would you rather see:

Set 1:

Bridges in the Sky
These Walls
Endless Sacrifice
Drum Solo
The Ytse Jam
The Silent Man
Beneath the Surface

The Great Debate
On the Backs of Angels
Forsaken
Through My Words
Fatal Tragedy
Outcry
Encore:
Under a Glass Moon

Set 2:

Bridges in the Sky
These Walls
Endless Sacrifice
Drum Solo
The Ytse Jam
Wait for Sleep
Far From Heaven

The Great Debate
On the Backs of Angels
Caught In A Web
Through My Words
Fatal Tragedy
Breaking All Illusions
Encore:
Pull Me Under

Forum category: 
Wolfpacker96's picture

Glad they changed it up some and have both Outcry and Breaking All Illusions. The Great Debate is good, but not on par with Breaking all Illusions, IMHO. Listening to DT so much lately that I thinking I'm even rocking while I'm sleeping! My wife said I was jerking around in my sleep last night! :) Can't wait to see them again in Atlanta. Have some pretty good seats, but no way to afford the VIP treatment. Damn economy! :(

Bob_side's picture

My Ohh My !

Setlist #2 was my favorite, but now that I've seen the Toronto setlist :

No more switching around ! We want this one !

I hope they duplicate it tonight in Montreal !

Please DT Please - Lol

I will beg at the M&G before the show....

Bob

lak89's picture

@floyducci:

Haha wow I don't think they're going to play all that in one show.

About the setlists, it's kinda tough to choose, fist for fist, I'd choose set 2. They are playing Forsaken for the 3rd tour in a row (I've heard it played twice already) and I don't want to hear it again, it's not a bad song though. I'd swap out Pull Me Under for Under A Glass Moon for the encore as the former never really hit me as spectacular. Well, you can't have everything in life can you? :P

floyducci's picture

@DTfanfromcanada: THE MIRACLE HAS COME!!!!OUTCRY &BREAKING ALL ILLUSIONS
PLEASE, THEREFORE, IN ITALY IN PERUGIA 22nd FEB ......OCTAVARIUM!!!!!!!!!!!! A CHANGE OF SEASON!!!!!!!!!!
BREAKING ALL ILLUSIONS!!!!!!LOST NOT FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!! THI IS THE LIFE!!!!!!!!!! SIX ° INNER TURBO!!!!!!!!
IN THE PRESENCE OF ENEMIES!!!!!...

DTfanfromcanada's picture

Good news! In Toronto last night, they changed it up - they played set #1 with an awesome twist..... they swapped The Great Debate and put in Outcry...... In Outcry's place at the end of the set was BREAKING ALL ILLUSIONS!!!!! It was a great set! The new stuff was great (6 total songs off the new album), but they also played some great classics

The Forsaken's picture

Setlist 2 for me as well, although there are a few that aint on either list that i would prefer to hear live, as Wembley Arena next year will be my first Dream Theater concert, some of the tunes i would prefer, have been done to death live already, but they would be a first for me as i've only seen em' live on DVD. Anyway whatever the setlist maybe, its gonna be a great night.

Rpgavan's picture

I had set #2 in LA. Was a great show and I hope to catch them again this on this tour. Next time I think I'll spring for the VIP seats

litsand's picture

@Wolfpacker96: i am going to Atlanta too! seems like if the keep the rotation every night we ARE getting setlist #2
Breaking all illusions , awesome song, like everything they do!!

sixxstring54's picture

set one is my favorite, Under a glass moon is such an incredible tune. It is one of the songs that hooked me to DT.

drop2d's picture

Both sets are awesome and when I made this thread, I was pretty firm on Set 1... The Silent Man was just screaming out at me - I've always loved the song and really want to see JP rock the acoustic. However, I think I'm leaning towards set 2 now (which, if my math is correct, I will end up seeing in Boston)... Caught in a Web will kick ass and I'm really digging Breaking All Illusions. Either way, I'm so excited for 1 week from tonight!

northy's picture

If they could put BAI in set 1 i'd be very happy, but either set when they play Manchester will go down a storm

rinoRotti's picture

I hope they will pick setlist two for their show in the Netherlands! I wouldn't be disappointed if they picked setlist one, though.

Bluefish's picture

[quote=DTfanfromcanada]I'm seeing the Toronto show and it looks like were getting the outcry set. not bad, but i would rather see setlist 2 only for Breaking All Illusions (DT if you by some miracle see this, drop The great debate and put in Breaking all illusions!!). this should be played every night as it is the best song on the album, probably one of their all time epics - up there with metropolis, Learning to live, SFaM(whole album),Octavarium, etc...[/quote]

I love Breaking All Illusions and Caught in a Web in the second set list.

Bluefish's picture

Definitely set list 2 for me. I don't mind that they are not playing a different set each night. Alternating set lists is good enough if your only seeing a couple of shows and are lucky to see each get each set. I'm seeing them in New York and Albany so hopefully that will be the case.

DTfanfromcanada's picture

I'm seeing the Toronto show and it looks like were getting the outcry set. not bad, but i would rather see setlist 2 only for Breaking All Illusions (DT if you by some miracle see this, drop The great debate and put in Breaking all illusions!!). this should be played every night as it is the best song on the album, probably one of their all time epics - up there with metropolis, Learning to live, SFaM(whole album),Octavarium, etc...

Wolfpacker96's picture

I hope I get set 2 in Atlanta mainly for Breaking All Illusions. I just can't stop listening to it. Be freaking awesome live.

solitaryshell's picture

We got Set 1 in Salt Lake but I would have preferred Set 2 strictly for BAI. Outcry was good but I think BAI is the best song on the album and also think this track should not be rotated but played each show on this tour.

Dysplasia's picture

Honestly they are both awesome, but I'd probably prefer set 2.

InfraredDream's picture

Both are great! I voted for #2 as this was the one I saw and it was beyond words awesome :)

Awake79's picture

Wow, tough choice! Probably set 2, more rockin' set with Caught in a Web in there. Great tune!