Skip directly to content

Why Cancel the Chester PA Show?

• Why Cancel the Chester PA Show?
    July 9, 2012 - 7:43pm

Chester PA was the closest show that my dad was willing to go to. I finally convinced him to buy some tickets when I find out that It's been cancelled and replaced by Atlantic City. There's no way my dad's going to go to AC for a concert.

Come to Hershey sometime?

Ytsejam58's picture
on July 9, 2012 - 7:43pm

Chester PA was the closest show that my dad was willing to go to. I finally convinced him to buy some tickets when I find out that It's been cancelled and replaced by Atlantic City. There's no way my dad's going to go to AC for a concert.

Come to Hershey sometime?

Forum category: 
InfectiouslyPerverted's picture

[quote=DTfan-5150]The thing that boggles my mind the most out of this whole situation is that the band has yet to say ANYTHING regarding the sudden change of venue.

I called VIP Nation yesterday and talked to somebody. Apparently they're still working with the new venue (Caesars) regarding seating. They told me to keep an eye out for an email. Yeah, well, the show is only 10 days away now!!![/quote]

I called VIPNation yesterday, too. I couldn't believe somebody actually answered the phone!!!!! :D She told me the same thing, too. She was really nice, and I just told her that I was coming from out of town and I just didn't want to get up there and be told that I should've done something and my ticket won't be any good after spending all that money. I also told that some of us fans are getting a little antsy because the show is so close, and she said she understood, and that they were shoving down Caesar's throat to get something going with this.

Well, in any case, we should be getting all of our stuff shortly in the mail. Maybe there will be some more info from that. Hopefully.

I was thinking that maybe DT doesn't even know that they aren't playing in Philly anymore. I hear that when a band's on tour, they don't really know where they are from day to day. I guess we'll definitely know when James yells "Hello Philly!!!!!"LOL

DTfan-5150's picture

[b]UPDATE:[/b] I just received this email from VIP Nation:

[i]Dear Dream Theater July 21 fans,

We have just been alerted that there has been a venue change for the Chester, PA show on July 21, 2012. It has been moved to Caesar’s in Atlantic City, NJ.

Your tickets have been transferred to the new venue and no further action is required on your part.

If you cannot make it to this new venue, please email us with your order ID number by Friday, July 13th at 3pm PST and we will give you a full refund.

Thank you,

YOUR VIP NATION TEAM[/i]

DTfan-5150's picture

The thing that boggles my mind the most out of this whole situation is that the band has yet to say ANYTHING regarding the sudden change of venue.

I called VIP Nation yesterday and talked to somebody. Apparently they're still working with the new venue (Caesars) regarding seating. They told me to keep an eye out for an email. Yeah, well, the show is only 10 days away now!!!

InfectiouslyPerverted's picture

[quote=DTfan-5150][quote=Ytsejam58]Chester PA was the closest show that my dad was willing to go to. I finally convinced him to buy some tickets when I find out that It's been cancelled and replaced by Atlantic City. There's no way my dad's going to go to AC for a concert.

Come to Hershey sometime?[/quote]

I finally your pain, buddy. This sudden venue change really through me off-guard as well, and there has still been no official announcement regarding it.

Fortunately I'll still be able to attend the AC show, but I STILL haven't received any email from VIPNation about my ticket, and it's only 12 days away now![/quote]

5150, I haven't received any email from VIPNation, either. I tried calling them last week but they were closed all of last week because of July 4th. Gee, what if something happened about another concert and somebody needed to find out some info, they wouldn't be able to get in touch with anybody!!! It's a bit irriating. I'm coming from out of town and I just don't want to get to the venue and find out things are fkd up with the tickets, especially the VIP. I guess they figure since they already have your money........

DTfan-5150's picture

[quote=Ytsejam58]Chester PA was the closest show that my dad was willing to go to. I finally convinced him to buy some tickets when I find out that It's been cancelled and replaced by Atlantic City. There's no way my dad's going to go to AC for a concert.

Come to Hershey sometime?[/quote]

I finally your pain, buddy. This sudden venue change really through me off-guard as well, and there has still been no official announcement regarding it.

Fortunately I'll still be able to attend the AC show, but I STILL haven't received any email from VIPNation about my ticket, and it's only 12 days away now!