Skip directly to content

Why Cancelling the concert in Beijing?

• Why Cancelling the concert in Beijing?
    April 26, 2012 - 3:59pm

the original post is here : http://www.dreamtheater.net/board_posts/beijing-show-on-may-4th-cancelled

I myself, have been a super duper Dream Theater fan since 2003, that is almost half of my life. I have been to the last year's NYC concert, got the Meet&Greet tickets, so I understand what kind of feeling is that to see your dream band on stage in the real life.

This time, although I didn't buy the ticket of the Beijing show, I have a bunch of friends in China that they are prepared to either skip the classes or take their works/jobs off and planed the flight to Beijing to watch the show. But things are not going right.

There are some difficulties for the show, because the place is what we called it 'China'. This kind of show need to be permitted by the government prior to the show, and the process of getting a permission takes a while (around 40 days). Therefore, for the local organizer, they have push themselves to the limit, and put their best effort on organizing everything for DT's coming. But DT announced the cancellation of the show, which is so disappointed. The organizers in China even flew to Japan to meet and talk with the band to see if they can make the concert possible again, but DT chooses not to do it. (the thing is, the organizers in China have already got everything for their working visas. in another words, there is no difficulties for DT to make the show in Beijing, but they just don't want it to)

I am so disappointed at this time. I don't understand what the band was thinking. But hey, please think of all your fans in China, they are all dying to see the show you guys just cancelled. This time, you guys DON'T ROCK at all.
    Thinking about the Megadeth in METAL OPEN AIR in Brazil, they were playing for their fans, not for money or any other reasons. This is what I believe the ROCK is. (http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Arti...)

I am writing this for no reason, and I don't dream of the band could make the show happening after reviewing my words. But I am here to stand out and speak up for those fans in China.

Dream Theater, you lose!

Xanadu's picture
on April 26, 2012 - 3:59pm

the original post is here : http://www.dreamtheater.net/board_posts/beijing-show-on-may-4th-cancelled

I myself, have been a super duper Dream Theater fan since 2003, that is almost half of my life. I have been to the last year's NYC concert, got the Meet&Greet tickets, so I understand what kind of feeling is that to see your dream band on stage in the real life.

This time, although I didn't buy the ticket of the Beijing show, I have a bunch of friends in China that they are prepared to either skip the classes or take their works/jobs off and planed the flight to Beijing to watch the show. But things are not going right.

There are some difficulties for the show, because the place is what we called it 'China'. This kind of show need to be permitted by the government prior to the show, and the process of getting a permission takes a while (around 40 days). Therefore, for the local organizer, they have push themselves to the limit, and put their best effort on organizing everything for DT's coming. But DT announced the cancellation of the show, which is so disappointed. The organizers in China even flew to Japan to meet and talk with the band to see if they can make the concert possible again, but DT chooses not to do it. (the thing is, the organizers in China have already got everything for their working visas. in another words, there is no difficulties for DT to make the show in Beijing, but they just don't want it to)

I am so disappointed at this time. I don't understand what the band was thinking. But hey, please think of all your fans in China, they are all dying to see the show you guys just cancelled. This time, you guys DON'T ROCK at all.
Thinking about the Megadeth in METAL OPEN AIR in Brazil, they were playing for their fans, not for money or any other reasons. This is what I believe the ROCK is. (http://legacy.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Arti...)

I am writing this for no reason, and I don't dream of the band could make the show happening after reviewing my words. But I am here to stand out and speak up for those fans in China.

Dream Theater, you lose!

Forum category: 
Scott.a.moorhen's picture

A key question here is what were the conditions that the government wanted met before approval was going to be given. This would no doubt include aspects of the performance content.