Skip directly to content

Why do you feel the need to write and participate so passionately in an online forum?

• Why do you feel the need to write and participate so passionately in an online forum?
    September 9, 2011 - 1:28am

Think about it, it makes no sense. And nobody cares for the most part.

alfachino's picture
on September 9, 2011 - 1:28am

Think about it, it makes no sense. And nobody cares for the most part.

Forum category: 
CrimsonSunriseDTF's picture

Because work is boring :P

FingerWiz's picture

Fun?... :O

JayOctavariumDTF's picture

no life... finally have a job... but what should i spend the other 70% of my life doing?

YtseTimes's picture

Because I have no friends in real life, so I might as well converse with others online, and while I am conversing with others online I might as well do it with people who share my common interests.

After all, if I didn't converse with other people online, what would I do with all my time; learn something and be productive?

ChinoDTF's picture

I do it when I want to be taken seriously.

I'm Not Nate's picture

No, I'm not.

alfachino's picture

@Mosh:

Dude, so I've been going to dreamtheater.net first thing every day for more than 10 years... and then today I see things have changed. The new website looks pretty awesome, but I notice there is this forum. I've never been attracted to forums, so I'm saying to myself, "Hey, let's see what this is all about." But then I quickly realize what's going on, and I simply don't get it. And so I asked. I don't see what I can really get out of this or how to enrich my Dream Theater passion. Maybe there is something that would enrich it, but I think it may be drowned in all the inane things that get posted. I can probably outnerd most people here, but like I said, I don't get it, and so I asked.

And it's clearly obvious that Hell's Kitchen is better than Stream of Consciousness, but it's no Erotomania.

I'm Not Nate's picture

I'll "prod" you any day, Rob.

Rob Pond's picture

Totally aware that you're just doing this to get a rise out of people, but hey! I've got nothing else on, I'll bite - the main reason people discuss their favourite band on an online message board is that actually, it's somewhere people actually [i]do[/i] stand a chance of giving a crap. It's about the only place on the internet that you can say "I like Hell's Kitchen more than Stream of Consciousness" and everyone will know precisely you're on about. In short, just a just a nice way to exorcise those nerdy obsessive qualities without boring my mates to death. Not to mention, I'm more than a little unemployed, right now, so spare time isn't exactly a rare commodity. I've got a lot more time on my hands than I know what to do with, and as far as hobbies go, it's a damn sight more pleasant and constructive than prodding strangers.

I'm Not Nate's picture

[quote=Mosh]Because it's fun. Now let me ask you, why must you troll? It makes no sense. And nobody cares for the most part. [/quote]
I care. alfachino makes more sense than, and is also smarter, than you. Who's the troll? Please go away.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻'s picture

Because it's fun. Now let me ask you, why must you troll? It makes no sense. And nobody cares for the most part.

I'm Not Nate's picture

Because I have no life.

DimitriusDTF's picture

Oh, I know that. But then again, so are you.

PLOT TWIST!

I'm Not Nate's picture

[quote=DimitriusDTF]If you've been coming to this site for 10 years, then you must know this is not the first forum the website has had...[/quote]
He's just a troll. He's from 5/8.

DimitriusDTF's picture

If you've been coming to this site for 10 years, then you must know this is not the first forum the website has had...