Announcing the OFFICIAL 6DoIT release party in Houston, Texas!
Who: All Dream Theater Fans
What: CD Release Party
5010 Louetta Rd just west of Kuykendahl
Spring, Texas, just north of Houston
Tuesday, January 29, 2002
You need a reason? How about door prizes and the infamous cake.
If you have any questions, please visit http://groups.yahoo.com/group/houstonjammers or email email@example.com.
Hope to see everyone there!
Here are a few tentative release dates for "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence":
Thursday, January 17th, 2002
Monday, January 21st, 2002
Monday, January 21st, 2002 ("unofficial")
Monday, January 21st, 2002 ("unofficial")
Tuesday, January 22nd, 2002
Tuesday, January 28th, 2002
Pre-order at Amazon.de
Tuesday, January 29nd, 2002
The music of Dream Theater is featured in the new "Dragon Ball Z" home video release, "The History Of Trunks" (the uncut version). "Dragon Ball Z" is a popular Japanese Anime show that can be seen on the Cartoon Network.
The Dream Theater songs listed in the credits of the video are "Home", "Regression", "Strange Deja Vu", "Overture 1928", "Fatal Tragedy", "Beyond This Life", "Through Her Eyes" and "The Dance Of Eternity".
Two other tracks mentioned in the credits are "Love Overture" and "Chant". Supposedly, Dream Theater will be featured on the soundtrack as well.
We are still waiting for an official decision and an announcement from the band and label whether or not "Live Scenes From New York" will be recalled and replaced with a different cover.
However, certain chains have decided by themselves to not carry the CD with its current artwork.
CDnow, for instance, has (temporarily) removed "Live Scenes From New York" from their store. Fortunately, most CDnow pre-orders were already shipped. Anyone who pre-ordered the album should receive it.
Amazon.com temporarily removed the album from their site but now seems to be taking orders again. CDUniverse stopped taking orders on September 17th.
We are all OK....
We began mixing yesterday in NYC and all went home last night after the sessions. The only people still in NYC this morning are James and Kevin Shirley who are both OK...
Our sessions today are obviously cancelled as NYC is sealed shut and we will return to NYC to continue whenever it re-opens.
In regard to the live album's cover art, I can only say that it is a horrible coincidence that we obviously could have never forseen. The timing of the release of the CD happening on the very same day as this tragedy is merely an incredible coincidence. We are currently in discussions with the label as to whether or not we will recall the CD's and replace them with a different cover. Obviously, the recovery of everybody's personal lives here in New York is the first priority
Thank you to all concerned,
Dream Theater's 3-CD live album "Live Scenes From New York" entered CDNow's TopSellers list at number 19, and made it all the way up to number 2 on August 12th!
You can pre-order the album here to keep the momentum going.
According to Dream Theater's record label, they are aiming to re-release the remastered PAL DVD of "Metropolis 2000" on September 10th, 2001, simultaneously with the release of the 3-CD live album.
On the right you can see the sticker that will be on the box under the shrink wrap to assure that you are purchasing the "correct" version.
Mike Portnoy recently released the following information:
- Six songs have been recorded for the new Dream Theater studio album.
- Not all of the recorded material will fit on one CD.
- No lyrics were written yet when the band finished recording. The lyrics will be written during the current break. Once again, most of the lyrics will be written by Mike Portnoy and John Petrucci, with a possible lyric by John Myung and James LaBrie.
- John Petrucci and Mike Portnoy will have to write their lyrics while on the road with G3. Literally the day after the G3 tour ends, the band will be going back into the studio for three weeks to record the vocals and do some more overdubs and touch ups.
- When asked for what direction the new album will be going into, Mike Portnoy said he hates to give descriptions and pigeon-hole things. But if he had to loosely describe the direction, it would be a cross between "Awake" and Liquid Tension Experiment.
- Mike also mentioned that two of the tracks are more experimental, but he did not elaborate in what ways.
- A European TransAtlantic tour is being planned for November 2001.
- There will not be any "Home for the Holidays" shows this year. The band will be taking a break, so they can spend some time with their families.
- The new Dream Theater album is scheduled for January 2002, with a tour starting in Europe in January or February.
- There is no chance "When Dream And Day Unite" will ever get properly remixed, since the master tapes are owned by another label. Also, the overall interest would not warrant the money spent on this remix (only die-hard fans would be interested).
- Mike Portnoy is planning to release official bootlegs with demos from "Awake" and "Falling Into Infinity", so-called "Making of" CD's, full live concerts and tour highlights (like the 2000 Fan Club CD). There is also a possibility that the Majesty demos will get properly remixed for an official bootleg.
Elektra will be issuing a new Dream Theater Live 3 CD set on September 18th, 2001, entitled "Live Scenes From New York". It will be the *complete* show recorded at Roseland Ballroom in New York City on August 30th, 2000, in its entirety from start to finish.
Track listing is:
Set 1: (Scenes From A Memory)
Strange Deja Vu
Through My Words
Beyond This Life
John and Theresa solo
Though Her Eyes
The Dance Of Eternity
One Last Time
The Spirit Carries On
Just Let Me Breathe
Caught in a New Millennium
The Silent Man
Learning To Live
A Change Of Seasons
Release dates are still subject to change for different territories throughout the world.
During a question and answer session at the Your Majesty Convention on Saturday, May 19th, in Paris, Mike Portnoy had the following news:
* 80% of the music for the new Dream Theater album is done.
* Five songs have been recorded so far (total of 55 minutes worth).
* John Myung will be playing an 8 string bass on some tracks,
and possibly some Stick as well.
* The new album will be heavier and darker than previous albums.
* The last day of recording music in the studio is scheduled for June 15th.
* Mike and John will then rehearse for G3 and go on tour.
* James will be recording the vocals for the new Dream Theater album when John and Mike return from the G3 tour.
* Mike Portnoy will be doing some drum clinics in Asia in August.
* Mike hopes to have the album mixed and ready sometime in September.
* The new album will probably not be released this year, but more likely in January 2002.
In DREAM THEATER news, the band's latest release, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence (Elektra) is recorded, mixed and mastered. All that awaits is its January release date. "We're going on a year-long tour in January to support this double album," says Jordan Rudess, keyboard player in the band. "We'll be hitting Europe at the end of January and the States in March, and I think we'll make it up to Canada this time. I know we weren't able to on the Scenes tour".
"Metropolis 2000: Scenes From New York" is this month's #1 Top Selling music DVD at Amazon.com! Their Top Seller lists are updated on the first Monday evening of the month.
The DVD has also entered Billboard's Top Music Video chart at number 5! (Issue Date: May 12, 2001)